free hit
counters
Esprit s1 "esprit side decal" - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Esprit s1 "esprit side decal"

Hi all decals again! Got this esprit decal and was going to put it on until I noticed it doesn't appear the same as on some other cars. The curve on the P looks slightly different to others I have seen.It came from ( I say ding dong). Does anyone have a source for decals that are spot on or are these correct?Cheers.

post-17315-0-61250100-1410087297.jpg

post-17315-0-20165800-1410087486.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi Fabian,

I purchased similar decals for my S2 from UK Ebay vendor "lankester367".  Using my original decals as a template, I worked with him to tweek the details so the final product would be as close to the originals as possible.  I was pleased with the end result.  You may want to contact him to see if he can help you.  By the way, I also found the Dingdong decals to be somewhat different than the originals which is why I contacted lankester367.

Lou R

• Like 1

This is the decal jpg on Lotus esprit worlds website! Looks different to above. The two esprit decals for the s1and s2 As shown on the Lotus esprit world website show the graphic is identical on both cars, except for the S2 bit.qpost-17315-0-10371500-1410101775.jpgpost-17315-0-25468300-1410101928.jpg

http://www.awsigndesign.co.uk

Got this company to make an exact copy of the original S1 esprit decal as shown on the picture, kindly supplied. It's shown on the website and can be purchased from there if anyone needs one. Far more accurate than the decal shown above.

Here's a conundrum and I invite you all to comment. Above is Eric's original USA esprit side decal. Below is the new decal made to copy Eric's original. Also below is the ISAY, decal which I was going to put on the car. You can see the size is very different. Did American Esprits have different sized side decals? Or is the ISAY decal size wrong?post-17315-0-52867700-1410876855.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

This is the finished decal available to all from the decal fever website. It is a pretty good copy of the original and almost the exact size. It's very different to the decal above. But the same as the one on the Bond car.post-17315-0-31430500-1412328480.jpgpost-17315-0-09909200-1412328598.jpg

Should add after Eric kindly supplied some exact measurements and noting some differences on the first attempt decal(the one in the ruler picture above), I worked with Decal fever and corrected all the discrepancies. The decal above is now available and on their website - very reasonably priced (decal fever ) and all the hard work has been done. Compared to all the others I have seen its much closer to the original. The picture just above is taken from one of the original bond cars that featured in the movie. The decal appears the same as Eric's. Quite a lot of effort for something which you would have thought would not ever have been a problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks good but I can't be bothered to change mine (which came from a well known supplier) as they're close enough for me :)

Lotus Esprit [meaning] a 1:1 scale Airfix kit with a propensity to catch fire

• 3 weeks later...

Been off the forum for a while . . . . I have a few that I believe are original old stock sitting around.  Not sure where I put them.  But I have three S1s with original paint + decals, and will be able to quickly tell whether my NOS ones are exact/original.  If they are, I will scan and upload.   One of these days . . .   If I can find them. . . .   And get the scanner to work . . .

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

• 2 months later...

I bought the DecalFever esprit S1 decals as noted by Fabian. Can confirm they are exactly the same as the original ones on my car before it was painted - same lettering, dimensions, everything.   I can't wait to fit them now !

I don't know about the size but the font would have to be the same as on the Lotus manual I assume.

post-237-0-47463600-1423674354.jpg

• 6 years later...

cannot find this decalfever.co.uk site, does it still exist?

need 3 esprit logo's for the s1

I now use stickersinternational, but they are Uk based I see you are in the netherlands. The correct graphic is on the manual front. If yo7 send them a PDF I am sure they can recreate it for you. Unless they have updated them recently the usual suspects are supplying the wrong graphic in the decal, but probably only a handful of us would know.

thanks again fabian they are being made by a company here in holland.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Does anyone have a good digital version of this decal please? @Lotusfab?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT.