free hit
counters
LF1 #81 "The Bug" Pics - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
LF1

LF1 #81 "The Bug" Pics

I know there are a couple of LF1 threads on the go, but did not want to fill the Registry up with "Here's my pride and joy posts". Had to give this one a simple name, got lazy and reworked the registration...

Sorry, had the car a couple of weeks but spent that touring the Alps and down to Monza for the F1 with its twin (although I left mine tucked up and took the Boxster)... Pictures taken after first wash, it then tipped it down:

IMG_9074_zps1cb403e0.jpg

IMG_9078_zps6449d7c9.jpg

IMG_9075_zps2f99ac3d.jpg

IMG_9073_zps2842e91e.jpg

Lotus Silverstone awesome as always, pulled the stops out (along with Lotus Cars) to get them delivered to us in time for the trip (all with the Moto GP going on at the same time!).

Off to Paul Townsend @ Shine on Detailing Thursday, will get some better pics when he's done his usual magic!

I am not articulate enough to describe how awesome these cars are, with the options they come with I feel they are a sensible "step" between the Coupe and the Cup.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

They do look quite handsome in LF1 guise. Got any pics of the inside?

:wub:

Be very interested in seeing some close ups once it's been detailed :)

I am hoping Paul will get some, he got some really good shots of my Club Racer after it's detailing in March:

http://s1346.photobucket.com/user/tdjohn74/slideshow/Elise%20S%20CR/Detailed

I will get some shots of the interior at the same time i expect, will put them up. Again, it's really a good balance, it has the premium leather where you want it (sills, dash, edges of the seats) with lovely gold stitching, and some material in the backs and base of the seats - better than leather I think as it allows ventilation when it's hot. It does not have floor carpets (which is good as they hinder the driver seat position and my wife can't reach the pedals). I've chosen not to put in the LF1 mats because I find they always get in the way when driving.

The seating position feels higher than the Elise, this is probably the contrast between the plastic minimal padding of the CR (yet surprisingly comfortable) and the heated leather padded option in the Exige. I find that i can't see the top of the speedo (and I am not all that tall). Perfectly shaped for me though and very comfortable.

Clutch bite is a lot higher also, I noticed this on the demonstrator - I'm pretty good at jumping into any old car and driving but I am a bit concerned about clutch riding on this, so taking it easy on the gear changes, which I understand is best practice with the V6 gearbox anyway.

Edited by T3Jn

I was giving it a blast in your direction on Sunday trying to get a few miles on it ready for run in service next week. I'll send you a message next time - although I may have a bit of car envy if I see the Cup, it was what I planned on buying next year, but the LF1 with the tie in with F1 was just too much of a temptation... especially as I was able to secure Kimi's last win.

Keep the pics and feedback coming T3Jn,  help keep me going until I get the call from Lotus Silverstone to say that my LF1 is ready.

I was debating whether to get a toe eye fitted to the front after looking at the cup cars, now I've seen yours I'll be e-mailing Aimee tomorrow :)

Did you get Lotus Silverstone to fit you a tracker also?

Cheers,

Keep the pics and feedback coming T3Jn,  help keep me going until I get the call from Lotus Silverstone to say that my LF1 is ready.

I was debating whether to get a toe eye fitted to the front after looking at the cup cars, now I've seen yours I'll be e-mailing Aimee tomorrow :)

Did you get Lotus Silverstone to fit you a tracker also?

Cheers,

I have only had the tow eye fitted because you can't go on track without one and there's no removable option like on the Elise, but it does look good and definitely adds about 20bhp. Aimee can sort that the same time as doing the tracker (which they did for me also). We had to have the locate for insurance purposes, they were a lot cheaper installing than quoted on the tracker website, can't remember what we paid though, although I think it's about £399 then to tracker for the subscription for a few years.

Thanks T3Jn, I'll speak to Aimee today to get that organised, as Simon said, you can never have enough cup holders.

• Like 1

Ah yes, the front bumper mounted cup holder :P

Keeps the drinks cold,  less suited for coffee. 

And some more post detailing - Paul Townsend @ Shine on Detailing took the shots after he finished (very late at night):

IMG_6153Large_zps9bcba449.jpg

IMG_6147Large_zpsbd45aebb.jpg

And the first close up for Bibs:

IMG_6140Large_zps3f43c1fb.jpg

Yes, I will try and post them again. Why can't you edit posts on this forum? I did not want to try and post yet again.

IMG_6153Large_zpsb35c1a18.jpg

IMG_6147Large_zpse730f89a.jpg

IMG_6140Large_zpsf208145d.jpg

Very nice! Looks terrific even in the dark!

You can edit posts in here for an hour after posting. There's a good reason there's a time limit :)

Just been out in T3Jn's LF1, OMG that is a quick car, that is the first time I have been out in a V6 Exige, what is even more impressive are the brakes, serious stopping power.

Heard from Lotus Silverstone that my LF1 should be ready around 27th October, its going to be a long month now.

Thanks again Tom :)

This thread has caused me to run out of 'likes',

I'll have another go tomorrow.

Great pics of a stunning car.

:thumbup:

Yesterday I went down to Hethel for a factory tour and was lucky enough to see my car all finished.

It was in a storage building surrounded by five other LF1's etc, all waiting for the delivery wagon to take them to the dealers :B)

• Like 1

Just been out in T3Jn's LF1, OMG that is a quick car, that is the first time I have been out in a V6 Exige, what is even more impressive are the brakes, serious stopping power.

The brake feel and performance struck me as much, if not more, than the acceleration as well. Great, aren't they? :)

They do look quite handsome in LF1 guise. Got any pics of the inside?

Sorry it took so long and they are a bit rubbish:

IMG_9262_zps2ef17b83.jpg

IMG_9261_zps2c089ae8.jpg

IMG_9260_zpsafd6107c.jpg

IMG_9259_zps66b81c89.jpg

Few things to note:

1. I have not fitted the lovely LF1 custom mats (discussion elsewhere)

2. The microphone is for an upgraded stereo, and does not come with the car

3. Despite #2 the stereo is the standard one, my upgraded one is already broken so the original is back in

4. We have fitted the double foot rest in place of the original single one

The brake feel and performance struck me as much, if not more, than the acceleration as well. Great, aren't they? :)

I think if you are used to the brake performance of the Elise on track it does not come as such as shock - sorry Vipers, maybe should have warned you before demonstrating :)

sorry Vipers, maybe should have warned you before demonstrating :)

Yes my neck is still hurting, what a buzz though :)