free hit
counters
Anyone with a scrap Elite chassis that can cutoff a piece as a pattern? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/ICE/HVAC & Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
dixi4uk

Anyone with a scrap Elite chassis that can cutoff a piece as a pattern?

I am hoping for the impossible.

If someone has done a chassis change on an Elite/Eclat I would imaging the old chassis would go to the scrap man asap.

However, if anyone has a chassis waiting to go I need a front outrigger that carries the front anti roll bar and steering rack.

Holed or rust is not of importance as long as the general shape is there.

I require only one as a pattern to fabricate a pair of strengthening plates on the bench rather than under the car. Age and the Big C make some jobs a little difficult. Welding on the prefabricated plates is going to be a challenge.

Either outrigger would do as it is just a reversal of the other as far as I can see.

So if someone can help me out for very little money I would much appreciate it.

I can travel a reasonable distance from North Wales say about 50 miles and bring a Sthil saw or I can pay postage.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi,I only joined the forum today,If you still need a front chassis section,I have one-cut off behind the rack with all the suspension still on.I'm in Manchester.Feel free to get in touch.Thanks,Dave.

Message for Dave Hayes,

Unfortunately I was heading into Manchester last Friday but was unable to contact you on the 'phone number you gave me.

I have since found a perfect chassis piece that will not need repair at PNM.

Thanks again Dave. If you have other bits and pieces please PM me at some point.