free hit
counters
Just ordered a V6 Exige S Roadster - Introductions - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
BillTheButcher

Just ordered a V6 Exige S Roadster

Hello all. :)

I currently own a Porsche 987 Cayman S. It's a great car but after test driving an Exige S roadster last weekend at Bell & Colvill I knew I had to have one; the engagement and involvement of the Lotus are on a different level to the Porsche.

I placed an order on Tuesday for a Starlight Black roadster with Ebony Black leather/Slate Grey Alcantara interior.

Options:
Cruise control.
Air conditioning.
Rear parking sensors.
Hard top.

Expected delivery time is late October/early November (I got a cancelled build slot).

Can't wait!  :bounce:

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi welcome to the forum and Lotus ownership. I hope everything works out well. Such a great car.

Buddsy :thumbsup:

• Like 1

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

Welcome to TLF and congrats on the new car! Did Jamie give you a TLF card offering a free membership upgrade? 

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Welcome to TLF and congrats on the new car! Did Jamie give you a TLF card offering a free membership upgrade? 

No he didn't. We talked about... another forum but he didn't mention TLF. To be fair to him neither did I.

I'd forgotten that I'd signed up on here already (in August 2013). I only realised when I tried to register and it said my username and email address were already in use.  :blush:

Edit: LOL @ that word filter.

Edited by BillTheButcher

:lol:

Next time you see him, ask him for a card and I'll give you a free years upgrade and you'll save lots of money on bits and bobs :)

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

In the meantime, give these people a try for insurance. You'll get a nice discount and free legal cover as a TLFer :)

http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/62312-aib-lotus-insurance-up-to-20-discount-available/

Oh, and buy lots of cleaning products, black cars are beautiful but high maintenance! :D

• Like 1

Evora NA

Thanks for the insurance heads-up. This forum just keeps on giving.  :smoke:

I've had quite a few black cars. It's my favourite colour but keeping them clean is not my strong point.  :getmecoat:

Edited by BillTheButcher

Both of my Esprits were black, it does look the nuts when it's just had a fresh coat of wax :D

• Like 1

Evora NA

Good man, you will love the Roadster, a thrilling car in every sense! Welcome to the forum. We'll be wanting to see some pics when you get the car. You should do a factory tour to see you car on the line, it's a lot closer than Stuttgart!

• Like 1

Congrats! Welcome!

In Addition to Jonny´s words: It is even nicer to see ONLY real People building your car by hand than seeing some robots in Germany at the assenbly line............. (and if - that mostly appear on german Lotus Forums - People moan that the Quality of P is "FAR" better...I will answer: I do not care, does the driving fun rely on the lid of the glovebox? ...which in my car is leather covered and very nice....-)

Enjoy!

Good man, you will love the Roadster, a thrilling car in every sense! Welcome to the forum. We'll be wanting to see some pics when you get the car. You should do a factory tour to see you car on the line, it's a lot closer than Stuttgart!

I'll be posting lots of pics when I get it. :D

Congrats! Welcome!

In Addition to Jonny´s words: It is even nicer to see ONLY real People building your car by hand than seeing some robots in Germany at the assenbly line............. (and if - that mostly appear on german Lotus Forums - People moan that the Quality of P is "FAR" better...I will answer: I do not care, does the driving fun rely on the lid of the glovebox? ...which in my car is leather covered and very nice....-)

Enjoy!

I've contacted Lotus about this. I'm moving house between now and car collection (see my other thread about needing a garage) so finding time for a trip to Norfolk might not be possible but I'll do my best.

As for Porsche build quality... my first (996 Carrera 2 cabriolet) had no end of problems, starting with a roof that would fold itself away every time you dropped below 10 MPH.  :huh: The final straw was being told that the main gearbox bearing was knackered when I went to pick it up after having the roof fixed.

And let's not mention bore scoring, D-chunking or IMS problems on the M96/M97 engines.  :thumbdown:

I know that I'm in the honeymoon period with Lotus (and I haven't even got the car yet) but I couldn't help thinking, as I was driving around in the Exige S and then home in the Cayman S, that a large part of Porsche's success as a sports car manufacturer over companies like Lotus is down to their marketing budget rather than any engineering prowess. And that's coming from a Porsche fan!

Welcome to TLF :welcome:

No doubt you'll enjoy the roadster. :thumbup:

Any questions or issues with using the forums, feel free to ask one of us mods. We're here to help. :)

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Congrat's - that's pretty much the spec of my Roadster, you will love it I'm sure.

Talk to Jamie or the factory and go see it being built if you can. I did, it was definitely worth the trip!

Congrat's - that's pretty much the spec of my Roadster, you will love it I'm sure.

Talk to Jamie or the factory and go see it being built if you can. I did, it was definitely worth the trip!

I've spoken to Jamie about getting updates, photos, etc. Unfortunately I won't be able to get across to Hethel before the car's finished but they are taking some photos of it as it works its way down the line. :)

Edited by BillTheButcher

Wow you lucky bugger, I haven't even had chance to speak with Jamie about what I want !!

• Like 1

Wow you lucky bugger, I haven't even had chance to speak with Jamie about what I want !!

Thanks. :)

Have you definitely decided to go for a V6 then?

It was a close call for me. My Cayman S sold yesterday and I have to have a car by next weekend. If the Exige wasn't going to be ready in time then I'd have needed to rethink my plans.

Edited by BillTheButcher

Have you definitely decided to go for a V6 then?

Not yet fully decided, all depends on what deal can be made. Have to decide on options too although I now don't think I'll bother getting the race pack or the Trofeo tyres.  Probably pick everything else though.

I would be happy to keep my Sprint but fancy something new and shiny.

• Like 1

I see they've changed the 50/50 deal from 24 months to 12. When I was ordering I did think that the original deal was a bit too generous.

Yes, bit of a shame, I was planning to invest(lol) the 50% for 2 years instead.  Although Lipscombe lotus have told me that Lotus are allowing them to give £4K of the price of a new Exige if you are an existing Lotus customer, something to do with customer loyalty

http://www.lipscomb.co.uk/lotus/new-car-offers/lotus-loyalty-scheme/

Collected it this morning. Even at run-in revs it's an absolute joy to drive. I'm loving every second. What a car. :)

Great handover from Jamie at B&C, including a leather-bound photo album of my car as it progressed through the build process, finishing with a photo of it outside the factory. I'd asked for photos but I was expecting a few iPhone shots printed off onto slightly-crumpled sheets of A4. The album is a lovely touch that really made the handover special.

I'll be putting 500 miles on it this weekend travelling up to my Dad's resting place at Oulton Park. I can't think of a better car for the trip.

Edited by BillTheButcher
  • Like 1

Congrats! Great news.

I agree though, where are our pics?!

• Like 1