free hit
counters
Cruise control - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Cruise control

BillTheButcher

Has anyone got cruise control in their V6? I've specced it in mine because I've really missed it in the Cayman S that I've had for the last twelve months.

I was just wondering what sort of system it was: are the controls on the stalk or on the steering wheel? Can you increase/decrease your speed using just the controls, or do you get to the speed that you want using the pedals and then activate the cruise control with a button?

Cheers. :)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

The buttons are on the end of the indicator stalk, there are 3 of them so on/off and speed up/down iirc.

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

It's something like this...

mvc-458s.jpg

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

The speed down is not actually there any more, just On and Increase Speed (I in the picture above) I was told why but I don't remember. Was playing last night - seemed to work. You don't notice it kick in like you do on other cars.

• Like 1

Lotus Register - https://www.lotusregister.com

The speed down is not actually there any more, just On and Increase Speed (I in the picture above) I was told why but I don't remember. Was playing last night - seemed to work. You don't notice it kick in like you do on other cars.

The speed down is still there... only have to push real hard on the button first the first couple of times. 

• Like 1

The speed down is still there... only have to push real hard on the button first the first couple of times. 

I stand corrected, this is true, it is there, very, very stiff button at first.

Was playing last night now the car is run in and cruising is not a bad thing. Press one button to turn it on, then the I to set it, I to increase R to reduce then the main button to cancel, main button again to turn on. I am probably going to be corrected on this too but to me it does not seem to show when it is active, only when it is on or off, and there is no resume.

That cruise control stalk indeed works in mysterious ways :D

I usually try different buttons until it somewhat does what I need it to do :help:

:D

The cruise control on my old RS6 was like that. I'd press what I thought were the right buttons, lift off the accelerator thinking it was active... and then start decelerating.  :huh:

:D

The cruise control on my old RS6 was like that. I'd press what I thought were the right buttons, lift off the accelerator thinking it was active... and then start decelerating.  :huh:

Yup - exactly this, you find yourself lifting off to see if it is working... however I am not bothered, will never use it. Have the proper radar variable one on the daily driver :)

• 3 weeks later...

There is a light on the dash when cruise control is active and the 'R' on the stalk is the resume.  All the functions work fine for me.  If you press the on/off (large button at bottom) you'll see the light going on and off on the dash.  If you cancel cruise by switching the cruise off then the resume function obviously won't work.  If you cancel it by braking then just press 'R' and the car should accelerate (pretty aggressively IMO) back to the original speed.