free hit
counters
Distributor Removal/Refitting - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
peteyg

Distributor Removal/Refitting

Can I whip the dizzy out and replace without messing with the timing? Assuming I make a mark between the dizzy and the clamp and refit so they line up, will that do the trick?

Pete

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Isn't it just a matter of unbolting the clamp from the block while it's still clamped to the distributor? :-)

The hole securing the bracket to the aux housing is slotted so you would still need to mark it when removing with the clamp attached, 

I think leaving the clamp attached to the engine might be easier in terms of bolt access and being able to mark accurately.

Yes, dead easy to remove but as others have said, make a very careful mark because any change in the rotational orientation will affect the timing. Then just loosen the clamp bolt- easy to access in between the carbs.

Little bit of winkle-ing to get the dissy out.

On refit, remember that it is sprung so you have to push it firmly in before tightening the clamp once more.

Thanks guys. I've removed carbs for better access already as will be doing cambelt as well once dizzy is fixed.

Pete