free hit
counters
Lotus (doesn't) officially drop Evora sales in the USA - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus (doesn't) officially drop Evora sales in the USA

auRouge

Been discussed here before (Smart Airbag regs) but looks like it's official, no more new Evora's in the US...

So no more Lotus apart from track cars in the US :-(

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1094539_lotus-evora-to-also-be-dropped-from-u-s-market?fbfanpage

http://www.worldcarfans.com/114092281596/lotus-evora-to-be-dropped-in-the-us

Apologies if this is already being discussed in another thread.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

What's Next?

Probably an acquisition for £5 by Volkswagen Group and a new line of Skodas sporting former Lotus handling.

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

Absolutely not, not official at all and in fact the opposite. The Evora is still for sale in the USA and available and from MY2016 will be fully USA compliant again. In fact, from Lotus...

We would like to comment upon the rumours that are circulating on social media and online, Lotus is committed to the North American market and will indeed produce a 2016 Model Year Evora that will be fully U.S. compliant. We will not be producing a 2015 model year Evora, therefore, there will be limited availability of 2014 model year cars over the next few months."

• Like 2

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

Lotus realy need to do some PR work.I wonder how they would be without all the owner websites like TLF etc as it seems to me to be the only form of advertising and PR that they have. When did you last see a Lotus advert.

Absolutely not, not official at all and in fact the opposite. The Evora is still for sale in the USA and available and from MY2016 will be fully USA compliant again. In fact, from Lotus...

Go lotus! Awesome, retreating from US would not be a good idea, they like sports cars! Thought "Car & Driver" were a reasonable source!

Lotus realy need to do some PR work.I wonder how they would be without all the owner websites like TLF etc as it seems to me to be the only form of advertising and PR that they have. When did you last see a Lotus advert.

To be fair there is a full page glossy advert in EVO this month but it's hardly the Sunday Times magazine or a bill board on the Tube!

Once again we see how hard it is to spread good news in comparison to bad news. The dealer event, the increasing sales, the new marketing hires, though well received, didn't really make a lot of wind in the press. On the other hand, the layoffs were sufficient to start a rumour mill of intense commotion.   :help:

Lotus really should be paying Bibs for his efforts.  :band:

• Like 2

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

Car and Driver's Mike Duff will no doubt be issuing a retraction or correction shortly. It's pretty irresponsible reporting.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Following up the comment from AuRouge, Lotus have been advertising pretty solidly in most of the motoring mags for several months. They seem to have a permanent slot towards the back of Autocar every week. And as I've posted elsewhere they are getting their act together with the Lotus F1 Team and their business partners.

But they do need a broader audience for the good news. Bad news always travels faster.

I've actually seen Evora commercials on NBC Sports during some of the F1 races here in the USA this year, believe it or not.

Evora NA

Uh are they talking in civil year or model year? cause the MY2016 will be available in  july or september 2015 after the Geneva presentation in March 2015. So technically the Evora is just skipping the MY2015 for sale now, that they are not getting due to the smart airbag regulation. 

Model year, as per my post above too :)

Evora NA

I think that it's a big problem that someone ( :blush:) had to point Jalopnik towards your post in this thread to get the real news. It was impossible to find anything official from Lotus. Arnie Johnson should have been immediately made an official press release when the first articles started popping up saying the Evora was being dropped from the USA.

Why is it so hard for them to do even the smallest bit of PR? Hell a twitter post from the Group Lotus account could have cleared this all up. I don't understand how a company can just let rumours like this one run rampant, it's mind boggling.

'86 Lotus Esprit Turbo

Uh expansion in Canada... Don't get me excited guys! Just don't cause I know I'm not getting a 2015 Elise  as they are not for sale and probably will not be again till the chassis becomes VVA and insurance companies are less scared of people crashing their new toys.

I guess JMG is alluding to new dealers in Calgary almost garanteed as the Vancouver dealer Weissach has been working on that and maybe Ottawa?!