free hit
counters
S2 Exige rear Bilsteins - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
pwd95

S2 Exige rear Bilsteins

Hi all, quick question if I may. I'm looking to replace the coilovers on the back of my VX220 Turbo & was wondering about the techy similarities/differences between the various Elise/Exige/Europa rear coilivers.  Not long bought the car & was going to go Nitrons in the new year but the rears have started to leak quite badly so looking to swap out some 2nd hand originals for now.  Need to widen my availability so to speak.

Thanks.  :cheers:

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Have a look on www.deroure.com and you'll be able to match up the part number etc. I'm not sure Lotus will release the technical info on the dampers exactly, commercial sensitivity. 

That's a really  usefull site. Thanks very much. Rear dampers are showing the same part number Elise/Exige s2/Europa. Marvellous.

:thumbsup:

If you buy them from a dealer, upgrade to an FFM on here and most will give you 10% off the parts :)

The lack of response tells me that everyone is perfectly happy with their set up.  :smoke:

Witch confirms that the standard Exige setup with maybe the 340 geo will be more than enough.   :thumbsup:  

Here's a few pics of my neighbor's Exige from 2 yrs ago when he took me around the Brecons & the Black mountain & demonstrated that the laws of Physics can be sssssssssstttrreched beyond any human understanding of them.  :secret:

175_zpsd16a5bd2.jpg

170_zps79706fac.jpg

Think I may have a set f originals that I took off my VX220 when I replaced with Gaz shocks if you're interested?

Trevor.

Managed to get hold of a pair of Exige rear coilovers & fitted them last night. Wow, what a difference. These are going to be perfect for me. ......  :thumbsup:

So what shocks would my 2002 Elise have come with?

It has Bilsteins on now, but would they be aftermarket?