free hit
counters
THE SALE 16th - 20th January 2007 - Page 8 - Events - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

THE SALE 16th - 20th January 2007

gghc87

the sale dates are the 16th to the 20th right?

so why are people talking about the monday, which is the 15th???

does it start on the monday for dealers or what?

There are twelve pages to this thread. You really should start reading at Page 1, and that would answer your question.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There are twelve pages to this thread. You really should start reading at Page 1, and that would answer your question.

I think that's a bit harsh, Bruce :P The thread title says 16th - 20th and I've just skimmed the first three pages and got bored looking for 'Monday' references... but I did see people asking a dozen times about what happens if the person before them in the queue wants to buy in huge quantities, whether dealers are invited, how the overseas guys get a look-in, etc.

DBRedS4 - Monday 15th is the LEW/LEF members only day... Tuesday to Friday is the publicly advertised sale. It's first-come first-served all week...

Edited by dan_red89na

Dan

"He who dies with the most toys wins..."

No, I spoke to Neil and he said that as long as Bibs or I know the person he will approve larger orders. But only on our say so, otherwise if you turned up and asked for 5 of an item there were only 10 of he would offer you 1, possibly 2 instead.

So like I said above, those currently on the "Helping out others so may buy larger amounts"! List are:

Jonathan

Oli

Dan

The only one we don't know is Oli but I have confirmation from our other members that he's collecting items for them.

PLEASE NOTE: I know you would not do this guys but if you know or suspect anyone not directly linked to us, is buying to sell on them let us know and he will be refused.

Tony, how is this going to work. You don't know me but I have a list totalling nearly 2k at sale prices, this is all for me and mostly for one of my cars. Granted 4 pistons/liners/conrods are over half this and they have over 100 of them but there is one thing that I'm after that they only have 11 - but you need 4 for a carset.

I'm trying to restore a 16 year old car to as near as possible concours level, previous owners have discarded these parts and I'd like to replace them(assuming they still have them when I get to the front of the queue!).

Is the fact you don't know me going to mean I can't get the parts I'm after?. Please be assured that I'm not looking for a fight here or moaning and I do appreciate the chance to go on the Monday, I'm just looking for clarification.

Cheers

Fred

Edited by Fred Basset

Fred

Shouldnt worry too much, as long as your not ordering16 piston liner sets!!!!

I myself am looking to buy several tems that there are only one of!!! me eing as unlucky as I am will probably not get any of them :P

if your after one of everything for one specifc car then there is no issue, multiple orders are the problem as that then could be classed as trading, another example would be 6 drive shafts!!!!!!!

Simon

Chunky Lover

Fred

Shouldnt worry too much, as long as your not ordering16 piston liner sets!!!!

I myself am looking to buy several tems that there are only one of!!! me eing as unlucky as I am will probably not get any of them :P

if your after one of everything for one specifc car then there is no issue, multiple orders are the problem as that then could be classed as trading, another example would be 6 drive shafts!!!!!!!

Simon

Cheers Simon

I'm only after 2 driveshafts :P

I agree, just looking for a little clarification.

Regards

Fred

I've already mentioned to a couple of people on here that I'll be going to the sale in the truck rather than the Esprit cos I want some bigger bits (wheels) if I can get them. I'm hopefully also going to be able to pick up a couple of parts for Nigel. I'd be happy to fill up the rest of the space in the Truck with your parts if anyone needs some bigger bits to make their way back to London. I expect to be going from the sale at 2 or 3pm to my nieces place in Reading to re-hang a rad for her and then back to Bromley late on Monday evening. We could arrange a local rondezvous for handover later in the week? Let me know....or grab me on the day.

Cheers

Mike

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

Noticed the post that there will be a parts day on the 15th, I need to get a replacement Esprit V8 quarter window decal and noticed that part is on the list. Is there anyone planning on attending that has a paypal account or would trust me sending them a money order or cashiers check and getting 2 of them for me? Its -7 farenheit here with 4 inches of snow, (trying pity) :P Thanks everyone and have fun.

Wes

Hi. if you buy parts at the sale will you be able to have them sent to your local dealer. or do you have to take them on the same day.

Cheers Roy

You can have them sent to your local dealer mate.

the sale dates are the 16th to the 20th right?

so why are people talking about the monday, which is the 15th???

does it start on the monday for dealers or what?

Quite correct Dan. Monday is us only mate. I will warn you that if you wait till Tuesday many of the Esprit parts will be gone.

What you lot don't buy I'm buying to start up my own parts firm..........JOKING :P

Tony, how is this going to work. You don't know me but I have a list totalling nearly 2k at sale prices, this is all for me and mostly for one of my cars. Granted 4 pistons/liners/conrods are over half this and they have over 100 of them but there is one thing that I'm after that they only have 11 - but you need 4 for a carset.

I'm trying to restore a 16 year old car to as near as possible concours level, previous owners have discarded these parts and I'd like to replace them(assuming they still have them when I get to the front of the queue!).

Is the fact you don't know me going to mean I can't get the parts I'm after?. Please be assured that I'm not looking for a fight here or moaning and I do appreciate the chance to go on the Monday, I'm just looking for clarification.

Cheers

Fred

Don't panic Fred, just say Hi when you forst get there. If you're not sure what I look like just ask one of the other people hanging around

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Still no help... :P Is anybody that is going on Monday able to pick up some small parts for me??? Need 3 window switches for an 88 turbo (old maxi type) and the steering universal joints for the same car (both upper and lower if poss) ?????? I will pay postage and give you something for your troubles....

Mark

Mark MacKenzie  Elise S2 135 Sport 

Mark,

PM me part numbers off the list and sale costs I will get them for you and post them on.

Prob. best that you put a mobile number on it, cause I am skint and the best way for me to do it is contact you if possible and you give debit card/credit card details over to the Lotus parts man while I am there.

How does that sound?

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Hi,

I am a bit of an intruder here as I have arrived via the LEC forum in search of more info.

Can anyone tell me if it is going to be an orderly queue at the desk? I have a disability and will not be able to trudge round a warehouse carrying heavy parts in a January Sale melee. :P

George

Hi,

I am a bit of an intruder here as I have arrived via the LEC forum in search of more info.

Can anyone tell me if it is going to be an orderly queue at the desk? I have a disability and will not be able to trudge round a warehouse carrying heavy parts in a January Sale melee. :P

George

Kimber's post #140 any help?

Great looking sale - thanks for organising it Lotus and everyone else! I have read the last 5000 threads but can't see what time it starts on Monday? Same as Tuesday, i.e. 9? I am sure it is here but can't see it! :P

See you on Monday! :P

banner-1.jpg

GeorgeT

Orderly queue it is. This is Lotus's main parts centre so you will just let them know what you want and they will bring it out for you.

9.00 it is. If you want to get there from 8.30 to have a chat in the car park please do. There are about 50 places so we could be 2-3 vehicles deep by 11.00!

No, I spoke to Neil and he said that as long as Bibs or I know the person he will approve larger orders. But only on our say so, otherwise if you turned up and asked for 5 of an item there were only 10 of he would offer you 1, possibly 2 instead.

So like I said above, those currently on the "Helping out others so may buy larger amounts"! List are:

Jonathan

Oli

Dan

The only one we don't know is Oli but I have confirmation from our other members that he's collecting items for them.

PLEASE NOTE: I know you would not do this guys but if you know or suspect anyone not directly linked to us, is buying to sell on them let us know and he will be refused.

Hello, this is just to let you know that I have asked Malc Holmes to buy me a few items for my Esprit S1. I am not buying to sell them on. There are no more than 2 of any item in my list. Hope that's okay.

Martin Banks

Erm, 10am! :P

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Dammit, so why did neil tell me 8.30? Unless thats what time he was asking me to be there!

You can have them sent to your local dealer mate.

Quite correct Dan. Monday is us only mate. I will warn you that if you wait till Tuesday many of the Esprit parts will be gone.

What you lot don't buy I'm buying to start up my own parts firm..........JOKING :angry:

Don't panic Fred, just say Hi when you forst get there. If you're not sure what I look like just ask one of the other people hanging around

Hi Tony

Dan will help me to pick up some parts but now I have a question Can Lotus send to local dealer even

Not in U.K ??

If so, I could cancel my pre-order mail and Dan to buy pre-oder parts and I can pick up in lotus dealer

in Denmark ?

:angry:

Y.Hotta

I plan to be at the sale around opening time on Monday. I will bring along my PDA with the prototype of PDA Freescan software (if I remember it that early in the morning when I will have to leave - I'm not an early morning person).

So if anyone is interested and would like a quick demo then just ask.