free hit
counters
LF1 Availability - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
hayzi

LF1 Availability

Hi Guys

New to the forum so don't shoot me down before I have started please.

I have just come out of a 2009 M3 which is a second car and I'm looking at a replacement. The Exige looks the way forward as it will be used as a weekend blaster and trackdays.

I have looked into the LF1 I quite like the spec. and do like limited editions in general. I'm amazed that these haven't all been snapped up. Am I missing something here? Spoke to a dealer today and they have 3 available. I know this maybe a stupid question but not knowing as never been a Lotus owner before but are there any discounts on Exige before I wonder into a dealer trying to get the impossible and look an idiot.

All advise welcome and thanks in advance.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi and welcome. Dealers have margins in the LF1, same with any Lotus they sell. They're more than likely confident that all the LF1's will be sold (I believe 75% are sold) so it might be a struggle getting any money off but there's no harm in asking. That said, you will benefit from a 3 year warranty and 3 years' free servicing on one, it's not all bad and residuals are very strong on the Exige. :)

If you are doing track days - then you should really consider the cup or the black edition. Virtually the same money and much better spec.

Personally, my view is negotiate hard on a v6s and with the extra savings buy a set of nitrons, harnesses and job done!

There are deals to be done on new cars even on the 50/50 finance deal you just have it time it right for end of quarter or sales year and find the right dealer needing a few extra sales ;)

I was going to buy a Black Edition, and decided against it due to only getting 1 year warranty as opposed to 3 years with the LF1. The Black Edition is not fitted with an alarm either (insurance).

I had a factory tour last week to see the LF1 and saw the Black Edition next to the LF1 and was really glad that I had chosen the LF1. I just missed out on buying a Scura 4 years ago and must admit that looked much better than the Black Edition, I think it's because the matte black suits a smaller car better.

My advice would be to look at both cars together before making your mind up, I would have been gutted if I had chosen the other way round.

But if it was a track only car things might have been different.

A V6S may be available with a bit of discount but probably not much off and certainly less if it's a good spec car. I wouldn't expect much off a Cup, Anniversay or LF1 due to availability, or more to the point the lack of. Don't expect discount off a car and then the same car to hold its S/S value.

Trevor.

Not sure why you'd choose a Black Edition over a normal Cup. It's more money and just a paint job.

Limited edition Lotuses historically seem to hold their value better, so the LF1 will do well on that score I think, but not as well as a Cup car in my opinion. If it's a weekend car and track toy you're after, I'd seriously look at Cup cars.

Welcome to TLF hayzi. :welcome:

You should duck over to the Introductions section and say hi in there as well. :)

Thanks for all the info. guys, looked at the black edition and I would choose a cup over it if I went down that path.

I'm trying to organise a test drive as I haven't driven the Exige yet but i'm sure the grin factor will be huge