free hit
counters
Wiper blade replacement - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

I was in halfords trying to find a wiper blade for the esprit. After searching the forum and checking the halfords wiper book things I could not find what I was after so I dug through some of the blades and found this.

post-15553-0-60950300-1412326614.jpg

It has a handy hole through it in the right place you have to prise off the plastic fixings on the blade like so.

post-15553-0-32998900-1412326725.jpg

seems to work ok and fits alright, hope this is handy if someone needs to pop down halfords and get something quick to replace their blade with. :)

post-15553-0-39713600-1412326829.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Dont put too much faith on the factory pin fitting .  First swish of the wipers at 50mph has my new blade sail over the top of the car and was then run over by the car behind.  I then removed the pin tapped it out and bolted the new blade in place.

I now have a similar wiper, from PIAA, exactly the same fitting and does seem quite sturdy.

But just as MDW, I have had the (standard) wiper come away from the arm at speed. Not fun! I have locked the 'catch' on the arm in place with a zip-tie since. Tapping and bolting sounds even better.

Jimi

Thanks for tip, very helpful

Mines fitted with......a cable tie!!!

So is the best best solution to tap out the end and bolt on? It really is a rubbish set up presently

Well its still attached to mine with the bolt method  unlike the factory fitting that lasted half its first journey.

Thanks Malcolm...... I will tap mine and fit a bolt..... New wiper ordered.

The first time I used the wiper - shhhwing and it was gone........ Cable ties been on ever since - but needs to go

I totally replaced mine and fitted a modified Peugeot 106 wiper arm, same as the Citroen C1. I now have a spring style wiper blade which is 26", 2" more than the standard blade, clearing the bottom of the screen a lot more.

11055851636_84d6dffc03_b.jpg

11055781285_46415f3bdb_b.jpg

11055934223_a315520892_b.jpg

• Like 1