free hit
counters
Phone Holder for Exige V6 S - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Hi all, does anyone have a permanently-fixed solution for a phone holder in their V6S?

This one looks like it will do the job, but would require buying from the States: http://www.reallylightstuff.com/electrical/rls-pda-phone-mount/

The only other thing I've found is this, but not sure it will fit the S3 dash (terrible drawing): http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NHB305-Lotus-Elise-Exige-Vauxhall-VX220-Dash-Mount-Phone-Cradle-Bracket-Car-/261159233229

I've already got a Brodit mount for my phone, so something that is a bracket to which you can fit a separate powered mount will do just fine.

Any suggestions welcome! Not keen on a windscreen sucker mount. :)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pictures.

Here's mine.  It's for the GPS, but sometimes I also use it for my cell phone.  Just stick another mount to the base plate.  Fully removable!  :fun:

gps1.jpg

gps2.jpg

gps3.jpg

Edited by Milton1
  • Like 1

Thanks guys - no cup holder means I can't do what you've done there Milton, but that's the way I'd do it if I did have one!

Jim, looks like that should work on the S3 as well then - now I've seen an explanation and proper photo, although the example if an S2 dash (I think?), if it fits in the radio cage, it should fit anything with a standard cage, so I think I'll give that a go for £15 to see if it works. :)

Milton what is that made from?

Do you get much wobble?

Sorry, took more pics but they were useless... as I had my finger on the lens :help:

I used 2 cups from 2 paint spray cans.  Put them together (one goes into the other) and covered with felt.

Glued a circular base on top.  Put the wind screen sucker on the base.

NO wobble at all: the felt makes it a steady fit in the cup holder.  And that tomtom is not a light GPS.

Edited by ramjet

I bought the really light stuff version and bolted a RAM mount holder (push fit version) to it.

Then I used a twin usb cable to power the phone and still use my usb stick for the standard head unit.

A nice clean tidy solution.

Oh an no wobble either. I can send pictures and part no.s if you are interested.

I've seen people on here say the exige can require ear plugs when driving. Will a handsfree phone even pick up voices?

I've talked to people from mine. The standard car is pretty good. More sound deadening than the older Exiges

I bought the really light stuff version and bolted a RAM mount holder (push fit version) to it.

Then I used a twin usb cable to power the phone and still use my usb stick for the standard head unit.

A nice clean tidy solution.

Oh an no wobble either. I can send pictures and part no.s if you are interested.

Hi Spud, any chance to post the pictures here?

I've bought a Kenu Airframe+, works really welll, just clicks onto the vents and it transferable.  Seems to hold really well and wasn't very expensive.  Doesn't do anything for the power but I just usb from the heading.

http://www.kenu.com/products/airframe-plus

airframe-plus-grip.jpg?30019464943428969

Not my car...

335626-product-ive-finally-found-best-ip

• Like 1

Hope you like it, there is the Airframe and Airframe+ (for larger devices).  I got the + as I preferred it being completely black but I don't have a huge phone but it holds my 5s well.

Only issue I forsee is that on cold days you might not want your vents heating up the phone but this is not something I'll worry about.

For information the airframe can be rotated and the 'fins' at the back have a different size gap on the horizontal and vertical so you need to choose the best fitting.  Easy to do but I've read some comments of complaints saying it's too loose etc when the wrong gap was used (if this makes any sense?)

• Like 1

I went for the 'plus' as it will hold my Nexus 5 and my Garmin 3598 SatNav and will hopefully hold my Nexus 6 when I upgrade at some point...

Edited by TheDeadPrussian

Has anyone tried one of these CD slot holders in an Exige? I'm tempted to get one as it looks a good solution to me for holding the satnav (with the added benefit of power coming from the radio usb socket, so no cables spread around the interior).

My concern is that in the Exige you have a dashboard lip just above the radio and I wonder whether this gets in the way?

I would have thought it would get in the way of the steering on the Exige and maybe the indicator stalk. I know someone has one of those pop out sat navs and it flashes the lights when it comes out of the dash before settling back.

I have just bought the Ram system, took me a while to find a UK supplier. I went for the suction but they have a lot of different components to build what you want and it may be possible to clamp to the trinket tray?

I want to use it for video on track with overlays so lack of wobble was important and in testing (not on track yet), the thing is solid. Could probably hang off it when stuck to glass if you tried. Clever system with the simple ball joints.

Also I really wanted one designed to fit the exact phone perfectly, this is probably easier when it is an iPhone, but they seem to have other options:

http://www.ram-mount.co.uk/

Edit: Added link as it took me ages to find a UK supplier - ordered one day, arrived the next.

This is my solution for a phone holder. The phone 'sticks' to it and dosnt move but you can easily remove it (some phone covers need a bit more effort).

image.jpg

Looks a little dirty from that entering and exiting but some tissue and a bit of water and its clean.

image.jpg

In my S2, (the S3 isn't here yet), I basically 3D printed a "plate adapter" for the GoPro mounting system.

I had an old flip wallet style case for my phone (Sony Xperia),  that I stripped down to the bare minimum then glued (solvent welded) the adapter plate to that.

I have a few choice GoPro self adhesive bases dotted around, and can use the "grab bag" connectors to position it and allow the angles to be adjusted,  as I swap it  and the GoPro between locations.

It's been remarkably successful, and has held up to a thousands of miles of road trips (including Stelvio and peak district blats) plus a couple of track days.

I'll dig out the STL files if anyone is interested,