free hit
counters
Wanted: Complete interior for a '75 ELITE. - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/ICE/HVAC & Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
dixi4uk

Wanted: Complete interior for a '75 ELITE.

I have been let down very badly with an leather interior that I had agreed to buy which turned out to be for an Eclat not Elite.

This was a bitter disappointment after a 600+ mile 8 hour trip and the cost of a B&B.

Which leaves me needing a decent interior for a 1975 Elite.

Anything considered. I would prefer leather but it depends what is available.

I could get away with two front seat replacements in beige fabric for now.

The phrase 'hens teeth' comes to mind.

Any help would be appreciated I have already blown £200 of my budget on my trip. :thumbdown:

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Sorry you felt you had to post this on a public forum as you were told it was an Eclat interior and you were sent photographs of all the parts prior to coming to see the items, it was also explained to you that the rear quarters were different etc plus I gave you a load of spare parts for free to try and offset the cost of your travel. A water pump which would have cost you £80 +, an auto timing belt tensioner another £80.0, 2 brand new tyres still with the labels on them, never been on and not time lapsed for £30.0, Elite winscreen pillar chrome surrounds which are like hens teeth and only needed a clean for £10.0. A pair of interior door handles and plastic surrounds worth another £40. plus a load of other odds and sods all FOC. It was a missunderstanding or a mixup in communication but I thiink you would agree two new tyres would have cost you more than your £200 outlay, the tensioner, and what you saved on all the other parts you still had a bargain and a good one at that.

You were happy with what you got when you left to head home.

Hi John,

I'd be interested in a leather interior for an eclat - do you have any pics. Please can you tell me what colour etc, if it's black and decent condition I'll definetely want to buy it.

Cheers, Mat.

John I am amazed that you have admitted on the open forum to being the person that failed me. I mentioned no names.

I have no intention of a slanging match but I must put my side of the story.

Yes, you did give me a lot of bits and bobs that may or may not be of use to me. You gave me a good deal on a pair of tyres  which are available locally to me for less than £50 each fitted and balanced. (I have ordered a matching pair today) so I do not agree with your valuation.

You also fail to mention in your post that the water pump and the tensioner you gave me are both scrap items with seized bearings.

My trip to you was for an interior and a full set of chrome trims for an Elite. This has been arranged for weeks. I have been waiting for you to allow me to collect. Twice in the last few weeks you asked me if the interior and trims were for an Eclat or Elite and twice I answered that they were for an Elite.

This weekend you let me travel all those miles and spend out on overnight accomodation that you recommended, for me to find on arrival you had neither. You say you told me that the interior was for an Eclat, that is a lie. If you had I would not have been interested as I do know the difference. The full set of excellent condition metal trims that I also agreed to buy did not exist or you sold them to someone else.

Kindly do not contact me ever again and refrain from answering any posts that I may place on this Forum. Your input is not welcome.

My last comment,doesnt this photograph which was one of the many sent to you show an Eclat rear quarter intearior pannel.

End of sorry, I want to keep my good name and not get into any further dissagreement, lets just agree to dissagree and put it down to a breakdown in communication somehwere as we both said during your visit and hope you get what you are looking for.

post-12149-0-80684300-1412756654.jpg

Because of the truncated picture it looks like Elite to me.

As you say end of story.

Water under the bridge, we move on or I was trying to before your original post.

So who has got an interior for me?

Adrian

I can assure you of Johns good character, he's been a member for 3 years now and am glad you have both moved on.

I think you should PM our member "Tocus" I know he had a complete interior for sale in September?

His account can be found here: http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/user/10501-tocus/

And his Topic about the interior here (there's also an e-mail for him): http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/64376-complete-elite-interior-in-good-original-state/page-2#entry530847

He also breaks Elites so may have more bits for you

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Thanks for the lead. I will certainly look into it.

Unfortunately Tocus is in Holland I would hate to think of the shipping cost.

It is what it is mate. You can get stuff shipped pretty cheaply these days.

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

I 'was' after an Elite interior and after searching high and low, and looking at what was offered to me for what I would consider 'average' condition you are probably better off getting a professional re-trim, gunna cost the same sort of money. A crap interior that needs loads of work an is barely usable you might find (they'll be bits missing) for around 2-300 quid (if you're lucky), an average interior (usable but very likely to need a very good clean) 4-500 quid, again probably bits missing. To find a perfect interior that needs no work and is excellent condition good enough for a restoration, rare as hens teeth, and will cost a least a bag of sand. Imho it's nigh on impossible to find a mint complete interior in good enough shape to use these days, and if you find one lucky you, but make sure you are sitting down when they tell you the price. 

I 'was' after an Elite interior and after searching high and low, and looking at what was offered to me for what I would consider 'average' condition you are probably better off getting a professional re-trim, gunna cost the same sort of money. A crap interior that needs loads of work an is barely usable you might find (they'll be bits missing) for around 2-300 quid (if you're lucky), an average interior (usable but very likely to need a very good clean) 4-500 quid, again probably bits missing. To find a perfect interior that needs no work and is excellent condition good enough for a restoration, rare as hens teeth, and will cost a least a bag of sand. Imho it's nigh on impossible to find a mint complete interior in good enough shape to use these days, and if you find one lucky you, but make sure you are sitting down when they tell you the price. 

Kimbers gave me a lead to Tocus. I have sent him a PM but I shudder when I think what the price will be.

I do believe what you are saying in your post is what I will find.

But if you do not ask......

I do not mind the leather restoration, it is amazing what can be done for very little money but it takes a lot of patience and lot of time. Recently Wheeler Dealers had the BMW Z1 yellow seat panels changed to black. The guy charged £300 I bet the materials cost less than a tenner the rest labour.

Geese Charlie, I was shocked at what you say you have been quoted for crap interiors with bits missing, 200-300 hundred. A medium one with bits missing, 300 to 500 hundred.Now thinking I may have a part time job for the Mrs over the winter, cleaning and recoating the spare Eclat one I have in the garage and to think I was giving it away for £150.00 complete, dash seats door panels, everything but the switches and no cracks or splits on the dash top, only needed a few repairs on the some stictching, a good clean,feed and recolour. Mrs Walsh just may be busy over the next few winter months lol. So what would a good all leather restored one be worth.

I paid £150 just for a dash (+ few other bits)! I've not been able to find a complete elite interior (I'm talking everything, seats, panels, dash, the lot) good enough to use of the bat, the only one that came close didn't include the dash and I was quoted the shy end of a grand and, then when I asked if certain bits were included in the sale (just to be sure) the price kept rising! I can't speak for an eclat interior, maybe they are more common? But the elite is very hard to find and prices are reflecting this.

Hi Adrian,

As we've discussed before I've got most of the interior of a 1978 Elite in the pale beige/caramel leather in good nick - everything except dash and front seats. If you are interested it's in London and it'll be rather less than the figures named. I'll be able to send you some photos on a couple of weeks, I'm currently working away from home.

Cheers, Dan

• Like 1

Regular restorer. Rather less reliable forum poster!

I know a local scrap yard who was asking more than £150 for the chrome plastic window trim John!

Hi Adrian,

As we've discussed before I've got most of the interior of a 1978 Elite in the pale beige/caramel leather in good nick - everything except dash and front seats. If you are interested it's in London and it'll be rather less than the figures named. I'll be able to send you some photos on a couple of weeks, I'm currently working away from home.

Cheers, Dan

I might be interested as well. What part of London?