free hit
counters
Winter storage - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
jimblob

Winter storage

Tax is due on the esprit and looking at the weather I have decided to sorn it. Other than disconnecting the battery does anyone else have any good tips for a few months off the road? it will be inside under its cover and will be serviced before going back on the road.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Those wheel shaper things to stop getting flat spots.

Tax is due on the esprit and looking at the weather I have decided to sorn it. Other than disconnecting the battery does anyone else have any good tips for a few months off the road? it will be inside under its cover and will be serviced before going back on the road.

BAN!

Trevor.

• Like 1

They are pretty good in the winter, the Esprit is fine in most weather apart from snow and ice to be fair.

If you are going to store it, there's a few things to do and topping the tanks to the brim is one of them to prevent corrosion. You'll also need to move it back and forward to prevent the brakes from sticking and flatspotting the tyres.

We published a nice guide last year here...

http://www.thelotusforums.com/latest-news/our-news/preparing-your-lotus-for-winter-with-steffen-from-analogue-automotive/

just jack it up put it on axle stands if you have them to take the load off the tyres. and when you think of it just turn the wheels to stop the pads and disc getting a memory in one spot. Recommended to me by Girling racing engineer who was one of the team who helped develop the brakes  on the esprit. andy b

LOL ditto Bibs

Sorry?

What is this thing called "winter storage"? Nope - I use mine all year round. Great on a crisp December morning.

LOL I knew the "I run it even if there is a hurricane blizzard" comments were coming. I don't bother its a third car so there really is no point in taxing it for six months to drive a few days in shitty weather. Thanks for the input some good tips there filling the tanks and pumping the wheels to 40psi are ones I didn't know, obviously it will still get run once a month upto temp then round the car park just to check on things and rotate the wheels.  

Does the full fuel tank thing also apply when keeping the car indoors in a heated garage? I've done this the last two years but...

Weather is crap right now and both the V8 and SE are kinda low. Don't wanna take 'em out into the rain, they're so clean...