free hit
counters
Fitting S1 Elise Hardtop - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

I've put my hardtop on. It wasn't easy but didn't take long and I think it looks ace! 

Other than the 2 clips on the inside of the b-pillars, is there anything else I need to secure it to the car?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

HVe you hooked the front under the windscreen header clip like you do the hood? (Disclaimer. I have not fitted a hard top, just read the instructions in the hand book. Your hardtop may differe.)

I take it that you have a genuine Lotus hardtop? Any chance of uploading some photos, I'm still after one myself.

On the front header rail you need to prise off the 3 black buttons that hide holes. In the holes are are bolts that when tightened (using the allen key for the soft top by the door jam) they lock the front of the hard top to the header rail. Then just push the black buttons back on the header rail.

Once your used to doing it it should take less than 5 mins to put the hard top on/off.

I agree that the hard top improves what is already a fabulous looking car. 

Thanks. I saw that in the manual and it appears mine were already tight when I fitted it. I've slackened them and retightened and it's a much easier fit :)

The roof's off, battery is topped off and I'm out for some open top fun. Don't know where I'm going but I won't be back for a while  :D :D :D

post-1-0-96394300-1425729006.jpg