free hit
counters
Looking to join the ranks! - Page 2 - Introductions - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Looking to join the ranks!

The first time I even considered buying one (second hand) was one Friday morning this time last year, just before the alarm clock went off. Many of my waking hours in bed are spent thinking about cars...

I had almost no idea of value, so didn't initially know whether we could afford one, or not. I really knew very little about them, other than the original praise from the Press.

That day I checked out the PH & AT ads on the web and saw that we could just about manage it with the funds available.

I printed off some photos and showed them to my wife for consent and then phoned up that afternoon to arrange a test drive the next morning in a mint 12,500 mile 2009 LE advertised at an independent. We all headed off there the next day (2 adults + 2 kids). Everybody fitted inside (the clincher...) and the test drive showed all to be well, aside from balding tyres.

So I agreed a deal (£29k base price + £500 quid new tyres all-round + £500 quid to extend the warranty from 6 months to 12 months = £30k in total) and the car was delivered to our home a few days later.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's officially done! After very little persuasion, I can now officially say my car is a Lotus! (Gone are the days of claiming my Vauxhall VX220 was a Lotus....Ahem!)   Evora N/A 2010 Manual, with s

I wouldn't, it's a Toyota drivetrain built on aluminium wrapped in something that can't rust! It's also hand built by passionate and proud people. Have your cake and eat it :-)

Nice colour Kier...! Have fun shopping Tom

Hello and Welcome!! 

Please do not hesitate to get in touch with the team at Lotus Silverstone if you have any unanswered questions about the Lotus Evora....

We have a good selection in stock; swing by if you're in the area! 

Aimee & Matt....

01327 320338 / [email protected]

www.lotussilverstone.co.uk

Aimee Mitchell

[email protected]

You can now now follow us on Facebook and Twitter;

www.facebook.com/LotusSilverstone | www.twitter.com/LotusUKDealer | www.twitter.com/aimsomitch

It's officially done! After very little persuasion, I can now officially say my car is a Lotus! (Gone are the days of claiming my Vauxhall VX220 was a Lotus....Ahem!)

Evora N/A 2010 Manual, with short ratio box, sports pack, tech pack, white leather interior with canyon red paintwork :D Absolutely blissful right now! I'll now be harassing you all at the meets :D

10710897_10154710638660582_9040145626799

• Like 2

Lovely colour, very nice :thumbsup:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

Bell and Colvill, I note you didn't get far before stopping for a bite to eat, some nice roads between B&C and that pub.

Nice colour combo that.

Don't forget tomorrow's meet at Newlands corner.

A Lotus is for driving, pork is for breakfast.

Correct Colin :) Ah i'm a Gatwick lad, so the pubs right next to me. Albeit I might have gone via Scotland on my return trip. Or atleast felt like it, with the route extensions! :D

Will definitely catch you there. I'll be the one still having trouble with the clutch on entering :D

• Gold FFM

I stalled mine the first time I went to newlands! A tad embarrassing.

• Gold FFM

Nice to see you this morning tom. Really nice car! Great condition. Don't think you'd have a found nicer one if you'd looked for 6 months.

i was just about to give you purchasing advice but i see you dont need it lol

I bought a MY10 NA at the end of June after 9 years and 90k in an NA VX and ive so far used it every day and added 4k to the mileage total. Absolutely loving it!

Edited by LazyDonkey

Hah thanks chaps! In true newbie fashion, I stalled right infront of Colin on arrival....brilliant first impressions eh! Certainly struck lucky I believe. That said, given the Evora examples today, i've no reason to think that! Yours were immaculate Colin/Tom. On the plus side, I feel very special not having a blue one ;)

Now all I need is a walking cane for my old-man maroon Evora and white interior....

• Like 1

Heh ho,  was just catching up on the thread having missed the Introductions section for a while.  Was making notes to comment and offer some advice at the end and then you have gone and done it anyway.  Well that saved me some time anyway!  Congratulations and that colour is lovely.  It was used by Lotus on the original launch in a lot of shots taken up in Scotland and Glencoe I have filed away.  I was one of the serial returners you mentioned in the first post as on my 4th now (Don't ask.  It all makes sense in Man Maths world at Murray's in Edinburgh) and still loving them.  Enjoy.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009