free hit
counters
Poor old S2.2 couldn't leave it there.. - Page 2 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Poor old S2.2 couldn't leave it there..

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
1 hour ago, Matt-watts said:

He is going to do a restoration post, so he says, but whether he will ever get round to it  I don't know

Tell him Bibs said to get on it, or I'll kick his butt next time I see him! I'm sure his work would be quite inspirational :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Let me know If you have a S1 esprit for sale 🙂

I love the way old engines can come up looking so pristine and new. :thumbsup: 

The pity is that it then gets hidden away.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

• 4 months later...

WOW !!! 

This looks awesome ! 

I'm also looking at upgrading the radiator....Could you post a link to the radiator you bought ? :)

Also did you have to do any modifications to it or is it a direct swap?

Vin Taylor

Amazing thread, I'm very envious of your skill but would have kept the original colour personally. Fair enough if you're keeping it, have it your way, it's so great that you've found and rescued a 2.2.

I don't believe I've ever seen one before. Really look forward to seeing this later in the year. Phenomenal job.

:thumbup:

• Like 1

Absolutely fantastic. This had me salivating and itching to do my own restoration... 

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

• Gold FFM

Stunning colour .....

like the rad a lot - that's great - fans ?? Are they the eBay cheapies ?? Found them to be absolutely superb.......

Only here once

This is Matt in the garage working on an Esprit...

200_s.gif

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT.