free hit
counters
JPS up for auction - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Paul Coleman

JPS up for auction

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

So cheap. So very cheap. Requires some engine work And a bit of love and attention...I would if I could

The interior looks great

I would value that at around 8-9k ?

I wonder what the chassis is like...

Matt

Lets hope I win the lottery tonight!

The chassis looks as though it has surface rust so I'd assume it's gone in the usual places. There's a nasty crack on the door and black is a nightmare to try and match. But it looks complete and well worth restoring if anybody is brave enough.

The estimate is reasonable but who knows and of course there's the buyer's premium to add to the hammer price. Wonder if it's got a reserve?

They always put a low estimate to pull us in bet it goes to at least 6k plus premium

The hammer price was £9,600. Bodes well for all those that actually having a MOT'd running one. Was a massive amount of interest around 7/8 different bidders

I just looked at all the pics and it looks in worse condition than I realised.

Thats a complete resto. Im not saying it isnt worth it but basically 10K plus premium for a basket case is quite a lot.

I hope its gone to someone who will love it though.

Buddsy

A good clean up, carbs refitted, belt done and tune up would see it back on the road. Have seen lots worse that are road going. Nice to see another JPS saved. The prices are higher as people are realising how unique they are.

Be interesting to see if the new owner appears on the forum here :)

Paul.

I watched the auction live online from and hour prior and I didn't see anything else sell in excess of it's guide price infact most of the other classics didn't even get in to their guide brackets let alone over them. I think the auctioneer said there were 4 phone bidders, a few commission bids, bidders online and it eventually sold to someone in the room. Bidding started at 6k and went mad, it blew the rest of the lots out of the water in terms sale price in relation to guide but I suppose it was rather on the low side to begin with