free hit
counters
0-60 challenge for tv - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

0-60 challenge for tv

well i turned up at a filming today to find i had been roped into

a 0-60mph challenge for channel & 5th gear aswell. the cars

i was up agaisnt were:-

carreara gt (325k)

carrera 4

cossie rs 500

cossie (with 3.6ltr twin turbo, 700bhp)

porsche cayenne

porsche catenne turbo s

lexus something

punto gt something

ferrari 360 spider

beemer 645i

some other stuff

& ME

so as i was set up really i said looking at the list im going to be errrr last

in my little 2.0ltr plastic pig car.

well you will be pleased to know:-

I CAME 3RD BAHAHAHAHAHAHA (how i dont know)

i ran 5.4secs (not bad with no rev counter and pissing out water), will be some

footage on 5th gear in 2 weeks i was told and alot more on a special on channel 5

soon, alot is my mates kart.

first place was the ferrari, second place the carrera GT (he was scared of breaking it

so he should of nailed us all). all the big power boys could not get grip really, so the

lotus comes good again.

the presenter lent in the car and said "do me proud i love these cars, proper james bond

so nail it for me" LMAO

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i actually think the rims helped, all to do with size lol

oh and i boiled my brake fluid on the last run LOL and

the brakes stayed on and smell of burning clutch LMAO

neithier do i to be honest, think its shite, there doing a feature

with a young presenter about a 0-60 in a matiz chevy, claming

the the time in the handbook is crap, swear he said it should have

been 24secs LOL, did it in 15secs in the end.

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

Well done mate. You make us all proud! :)

Make sure you let me know the exact date etc and I will get the Lotus guys watching it!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

yeah 5.1 but it is chipped so really around 4.9.

but a 360 is 4.6 i belive and a carrera gt is 3.9.

im running on some dodgy nankang tyre i belive, 285/30/19 for

Edited by karluk29

i think the 5th gear programme wont actually show much as i had to do a demo run for them so they got it on camera. i would think there should be alot more on the channel 5 one off special programme

made me scratch my head aswell, thought i would be last, and i know i could be quicker. if i had a rev counter working correctly and not pissin water out the engine lol.

so they got off lightly lol

made me scratch my head aswell, thought i would be last, and i know i could be quicker. if i had a rev counter working correctly and not pissin water out the engine lol.

so they got off lightly lol

once again proven to be exactly true : the Esprit still is, after that many years, (quote Jeremy Clarkson) an extremely fast car (unquote)

Been on a trip this weekend to Luxembourg, made a guy in a BMW 750i completely look like a fool, LMAO :)

He thought he was fast B)

- Nulla tenaci invia est via -

still on the Esprit forum though, lol

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

what do they do 0-60 in again, something like 3.5 secs? (Noble)

but then they weigh about 400kgs less than an Esprit....about 950kg if memory serves.

If I could knock off that amount of weight my car would probably be that quick too.

Have you sold the S350 then?

still on the Esprit forum though, lol

I pop my head in once in a while. There are only 2 Noble forums, one's mainly US based and the other is on PH and there are not that many posts, well, not compared to here. I have to do something instead of working !!

Right then, said Fred.