free hit
counters
Komotec - CAI & Remap for Evora S - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
anthonyyule

Komotec - CAI & Remap for Evora S

As per the title - does anyone have any experiences of the Komotec CAI and the ECU OBD upgrade?

Im looking at upgrades for the S to go along with a 2ubular due to get fitted in the next month.... and seems that we are a bit lacking in options here in the UK for engine/ performance upgrades. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Just look at my signature, I have the full Komotec kit. The 430 HP were measured on the dyno. I'm very satisfied and I believe there aren't many more options.

I experienced a Komotec converted V6 Exige S at Spa recently...

Obscene is one word, actually it was a weapon! A GT3 slayer!!

I'm sure from TBD's comments and videos you won't be disappointed.

Great video Tomas..... thanks for sharing.... it looks like it pulls really hard!

Forgiving my ignorance - I take it that the Stage III includes both the OBD remap and the induction kit? 

As I am likely to be dealing with Komotec remotely due to living in ruralist Scotland (i.e internet buyer), do you think in your opinion the remap would be easy for me to install myself (Ive not looked for the OBD port to be honest), but assume that its easy once I have plugged the laptop into the car and uploaded the information to Komotec to match my car with their remap?

Ive already found information on how to fit the induction kit, and mechanicals worry me less than electronics. My question on the CAI is more straightforward - with so much information and discussion taking place on the Radium and BOE..... how do you think the Komotec Induction kit performs? - and do you have any pictures of it - it looks a lot smaller than the Radium/ BOE, but that must just be poor pictures from their website surely? 

The software installation is the easiest part, I've meanwhile installed a few updates. Komotec provides a dongle that connects to the OBD-port and programs itself for your specific ECU (can't use it later on another car). There is also a software to do the actual flashing.

The three stages are as follows:

• Stage I: Exhaust headers, sports cat, air filter and remapped ECU-software : 390 HP
  • Stage II: Stage 1 plus smaller S/C lower pulley, increasing boost plus different remapped software : 410 HP
  • Stage III: Stage 2 plus CAI plus another remapped software : 430 HP

Has anyone had any experience of fitting these to an S IPS? Presumably the TCU will need remapping to match the change in engine torque curve?

Komotec made Stage II for my Evora S IPS a year ago and I am fully satisfied. I drove 25.000 KM approx since and all runs well and fully perfect. Apart of the higher power on the paper (which fairly nobody is intrested in) the car runs much smoother, the pedal is closer to the foot and the consumption went down extremely in "normal" driving. 

I really can recommend it. The only point you have to think about: any modifications in the software require a reload, but thats easy to do becaus Komotec sells a wireset, that makes it possible to relaod it at home via Komohomepage. 

Really great stuff.

I have a question about ECU modifications, I have a local well respected chip tuner that I was going to use but I get the impression the map they have is something they may have done once and now replicate on each model. I don't know much about mapping and wondered if anybody on here does know.

Will a map for an Evora S be the same for every other Evora S?

If I get a new exhaust system will the map need to vary from the above map?

If I get a new CAI upgrade does it need another map?

Is it possible to run two maps, one for normal mode and one for sort mode, ie a mire open exhaust?

Really hoping someone can help

Some answers:

Will a map for an Evora S be the same for every other Evora S?

In general, if everything else is the same you will get the same tune. However, some tuners can mmake an individual tune to get the most out of your individual engine. That is expensive, but doesn't provide a lot of aditional HP.

If I get a new exhaust system will the map need to vary from the above map?
If I get a new CAI upgrade does it need another map?

That depends. You probably won't need a new tune because of the exhaust. If you do a CAI upgrade you will probably want a new tune to get the max. performance gains out of it.

Is it possible to run two maps, one for normal mode and one for sport mode, ie a mire open exhaust?

I don't think anyone offers that and don't know if it is necessary or possible.

Most tunes modify only a few paramters:

• Spark advance, "tickling" performance by taking this forward
  • Air/fuel mix, leaning the engine out a bit to improve combustion
  • Additionally, if you have a non-stock air filter (CAI) it makes sense to recalibrate the air metering based on the CAI performance. 

One should note, that to date no tuner has full access to the ECU-software.

• Like 1

Thank you. It's a little clearer now, although I do now need to ask what gains or changes could be made if the whole ECU was accessible? The other question is do they need the car to set up the generic tune for the first time or is the theory well known and they just do it by the numbers?

Thank you. It's a little clearer now, although I do now need to ask what gains or changes could be made if the whole ECU was accessible? The other question is do they need the car to set up the generic tune for the first time or is the theory well known and they just do it by the numbers?

If its their first Evora they need the car and a dyno to measure what they are gaining. There is no such thing as a "universal tune" that fits every car.

If its their first Evora they need the car and a dyno to measure what they are gaining. There is no such thing as a "universal tune" that fits every car.

Yes, I had my Elise 111R supercharged and they did use a standard map but it really needs custom mapping because every engine is slightly different and when you are adding stress to an engine this really matters. You simply can't do too much custom mapping on an engine.

I've spoken to Hanger 111 about the Komotec upgrades and I'm not sure Komotec have a map for the CAI and wider manifolds without the pulley upgrade as the order of play is the Pulley before the CAI. Ideally I'd like to swap out the exhaust and manifold plus introduce the carbon CAI. Any ideas or knowledge on this?

I've spoken to Hanger 111 about the Komotec upgrades and I'm not sure Komotec have a map for the CAI and wider manifolds without the pulley upgrade as the order of play is the Pulley before the CAI. Ideally I'd like to swap out the exhaust and manifold plus introduce the carbon CAI. Any ideas or knowledge on this?

Why not ask Komotec?