free hit
counters
Oulton Park - Some Vids of Exige S V6 LF1 (or 2) - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
LF1

Oulton Park - Some Vids of Exige S V6 LF1 (or 2)

Our first visit to Oulton Park with Book a Track, although the track was wet, it was no longer raining but still seemed a lot more slippery than it looked. As the day progressed it dried and we gained some confidence, although the undulations and blind crests will take a couple more visits before I'll really feel happy to start pushing. My lines could do with some work too, especially the chicane that I just could not get to flow all day.

Even though it was our first visit, the track is thrilling, and seemed very quick. Early in the day Druids seemed to surprise me every time, but my mid afternoon I found my [a] line and it became the highlight of the track. Can't wait for a return visit!

Here's a video mid afternoon once the track had dried:

http://youtu.be/NgwoePyM8TQ

After some tuition and a few line/turn in pointers I gained confidence to carry speed through some of corners which reduced the number of gear changes necessary helped the track flow for me.

At the end of the day we went out in convoy with GPSLF1, we only had battery for the rear camera so here's some footage of him patiently following me round for a few laps:

http://youtu.be/60fuSjmjLDY

This was our first track day with BaT, it was a great day, really well organised and a great mix of cars and a good crowd. Everyone respected the rules and as novices we were comfortable even with a lot of significantly faster road and race prepared cars.

Only downside to the day was the limited opening times of the onsite petrol. The Exige will do about 3 x 20 minute sessions from a full tank at our pace (and I can see this dropping), the local Shell was closed so that limited our track time a bit and meant we could not really take advantage of the lighter traffic on track at the end of the day - having to conserve petrol to find a station on the way home.

The Exige is an epic car.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Great stuff!

Must come up to Oulton one day, looks like a great track for an Exige but I wouldn't fancy anything much bigger or heavier around there. It is spectacularly exciting in a fast Caterham.

Yes, it was formidable. We were keeping pace reasonably well most of the morning, but once the track dried out everything seemed to be leaving us standing. I think that it was a combination of track knowledge and slick tires that showed us up. That said, everyone was very courteous and I did not feel as much as a mobile chicane as I was expecting. A couple of Caterhams were going really well.

Going to go back with LoT next year it think, just waiting for them to publish the Calendar... Silverstone next.

BAT days are pretty well organised and you get a wider mix of cars though they do trend to be a bit quieter. One of my favorite tracks  but been a while since I have been down as I keep missing the annual SE outing.

It takes time to learn how much speed you can carry round Oulton especially through Druids which can be extremely slippy. :)

Raced there for the second time a few weeks back, first time in the dry but it still took me a while to learn the lines again. Changing weather and tyres doesn't help

Nice vids T3jn, did you have the dpm switched to Sport or Race setting ?

All in sport, I am not sure about race TBH, I've not tried it out yet. For the moment I am trying to get a feel for the car. The very wet couple of track days we've had so far are definitely helping with that!