free hit
counters
New reg number - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

I'm currently bidding on a new reg number for the daily drive. Any guesses as to what it is? :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mine   (Although the price is almost double once you've added taxes, charges etc. Bloody crooks!).  

Looks good.  

Posted Images

:huh::lol:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

B185 TLF

Surely only one person in the market for this one. Good luck bibs.

Find out at 10 today :)

Evora NA

That's if they close it at 10:00.

When I was bidding for F110 TUS they kept it open for a few hours after the deadline as was bidding against one Guy, and we were both at the thick end of a bottle of wine. 

While I may have had a snifter of rum with breakfast I'm not sure anyone else will be bidding on my plate! :lol:

Evora NA

Now there are snifters and SNIFTERS. As I said above there can only be one person in the market for your plate. 

:huh:

Evora NA

I like it a lot!

NB did they actually contact you to tell you when it was being auctioned? I requested 2 plates, and both times the DVLA commercial partner never contacted me to let me know when. I missed the first one and it was bought by one of those registration companies who then asked for 20 odd grand, and I phoned them on the second one to find out when it was being released to auction, only to be told it was already live an the deadline was the next day.

I managed to get the second one (which is on the yellow car).

I'm sure those DVLA partners are crooked. Either that or just sparklingly inept.

It's just been extended to 12:!5 tomorrow :blink:

Dunc, got this after requesting it a couple of months back...

The DVLA Timed Auction of Personalised Registrations is finishing this Wednesday from 11am.

At your request DVLA have included the following number/s specially:

B185 TFL

If you have already registered your bid, then please log in to the website on Wednesday to follow the progress of your Lot. Please visit the "My Bids/Watch List" page in the left hand menu. If you are winning the Lot and anyone outbids you in the last 30 minutes before the Lot closes, the End Time will slide by 30 minutes. This is to allow you time to react against any last minute bids from rivals.

To see all lots and current prices please follow this link: http://public.dvlaauction.co.uk/A/

If you have not bid yet, we urge you to act promptly and not to leave it until the last minute. You can log in by following this link:

http://www.dvlaauction.co.uk/timed

You can place your Maximum Bid(s) online at www.dvlaauction.co.uk/timed and let the auction bid for you in £10 increments up to your limit. Registering to bid is free of charge and you can track your bid(s) online. The current winning bid on each lot and the number of bidders are visible at all times. Because of the Sliding End Times there is no advantage to bidding at the last minute. See website for details. Once placed, bids cannot be cancelled.

If you have any questions about this, please respond to this email address [email protected] or call 0300 123 3500 (Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm).

We wish you the best of luck with your bidding!

With kind regards,

DVLA Auction Team

Remember! The deadline for receipt of all bids is from 11.00am on Wednesday 29th October 2014 (unless the End Time has extended - see website for details).

*Please note that if you are successful, the lot will be sold to you for the amount of your winning bid. Lots will not be sold below reserve and no negotiations will be entered into after the auction. In addition, remember that you will have to pay VAT on the final price, the Buyer's Premium of 8% (minimum £40) + VAT and the £80 Assignment Fee.   

Evora NA