free hit
counters
Broken wing mirror - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Broken wing mirror

Afternoon all

The strut for my driver side wing mirror has recently given up (see photo). 

post-3908-0-32457200-1414067953.jpg

The below guide (which was invaluable in getting the wing mirror off - big thanks Alex Carter if you're still around) ended up finding the same issue as I currently have.

http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/56598-esprit-v8-wing-side-mirror-removal-refurb/

Having visited a few welders it appears that welding is not an option due to the material, and SJ Sportscars can only source a second hand replacement from overseas but by the sounds of it wont be quick, easy or cheap. Has anybody else had this issue and how did you go about resolving it?

Thanks

Tim

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

No.

Thanks Sanj

It's a citroen part. Verry cheap. The dealer was wondered how it failed. I told him it broke of doing 260 km/h. He asked: what type of citroen do you own? LOL.

Like it!!

Do you have the citroen part number for the cross reference file?

Cheers

• Gold FFM

I thought Citroen had stopped supplying them - in the UK anyway - ages ago?

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Thanks Sanj

Like it!!

Do you have the citroen part number for the cross reference file?

Cheers

Glyn,

Here is the Citroen Part Number (C-95647738).  Citroen stopped making them several years ago.  The Citroen part is very difficult to find.  TVR also used the same part and here is the part number (U0649).  There are a few TVR parts suppliers that actually still have new stock.

I ordered some this week from here http://www.clever-tr...i|/Chimaera.htm

Regards,

Manny

• 2 weeks later...