free hit
counters
Safest place in the UK to drive? - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Safest place in the UK to drive?

The largest number of drivers who have been involved in a road accident this year is from the Midlands. Nationally, 17 to 24-year-olds are the most at risk from crashes, according to figures released by car insurance providers Sainsbury's Bank. The figures showed that 4% of motorists in Britain were involved in a road accident between April and September, with the figure rising to 6% for drivers in the Midlands.

As many as 12% of 17-24 year olds said they had been involved in an accident in this six-month period - well above the average for other age groups.

Scotland appears to be the "safest" area - with only 2% of Scottish drivers having accidents in April-September this year.

These are the percentages of motorists in each area involved a car accident over the past six months:

Midlands - 6%

Wales & West - 5%

North East/Yorks/Humber - 4%

Greater London - 4%

North West - 4%

South East/East Anglia - 3%

Scotland - 2%

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

IIRC Scotland is the (or certainly one of the) least densely populated areas of the mainland so I guess it stands to reason :lol:

It would also suggest that Londoners are wicked drivers given our only average accident invovlement rate despite the london traffic!

06_Dodgems1.jpg

Edited by Evil_Dr_Fish

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif