free hit
counters
mirrors S3 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

mirrors S3

Hi all,

my mirror mech was working fine, but just recently it's stopped clicking properly in all directions.  From my understanding of how the system works, there are some rubber bands that might have perished causing the symptoms I have. 

Has anyone removed the mirror part to reveal what lies beneath?  I know Hilly changed his for more modern motorised units... does the mirror pull out with some sort of 'snap' type mount?

I don't want to snap it if it's not meant to be done that way.  I had a mirror off the car previously when I was sorting out the door cards/window relays and from memory there was nothing to be seen then...

Cheers,

simon

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It could be a wire broken off where they flex where the door opens. My first Esprit was plagued with that problem and I had to strip out the complete harnesses in the end and splice new sections in. The mirrors then window motors, then door light all stopped working.

Thanks all... not clear enough in my first post. Click functions on both mirrors, but any click ends up with a move down and left. I thought there was something the mirrors resisted against which might be the issue.

Has anyone pulled the mirror (glass part) out of the housing? I'm very loath to pull at it without knowing how its held on...