free hit
counters
Leather Seats for an Elite 502 - Page 2 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/ICE/HVAC & Other - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Leather Seats for an Elite 502

With regards to the addition of extra colours... Mine started with charcoal headlining, black seats, grey carpet, silver trim and potentially yellow piping on the seats.

This soon got dropped as it was too busy. It took away focus in certain areas so a few colours were dropped to be just several shades of black instead I.e jet black and charcoal with key areas in silver and aluminium.

This might save you a few quid as I had to buy several carpets before I figured it looked wrong.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

With regards to the addition of extra colours... Mine started with charcoal headlining, black seats, grey carpet, silver trim and potentially yellow piping on the seats.

This soon got dropped as it was too busy. It took away focus in certain areas so a few colours were dropped to be just several shades of black instead I.e jet black and charcoal with key areas in silver and aluminium.

This might save you a few quid as I had to buy several carpets before I figured it looked wrong.

Point taken.

I have reservations on my intended colours.

The car is Carnival Red.

The Ivory leather seats and trim is 100% fixed in my mind.

Retaining the XJS red piping on the front seats I am 50 /50 (undecided) I need some input here.

Carpets in Anthracite (almost black) for practicality is 80% firm. On the plus side there is currently a really good offer on Fleabay of offcuts from the Land Rover factory.

The dash and the A post covers remain black.

That leaves me with the biggest decision of the headling, cant rails etc.

Ideally ivory to match the trim is the answer but so far I have not found the right supplier of the right colour at a sensible price.

Any input would help.

You need to find a haberdashery store with loads of reels of stock. I found a treasure trove of a store that was selling everything a 3.99 a meter, at that price I could afford to buy more than I actually needed, hence leaving room for error. I've still got about 5m of my headliner should it ever need redoing.

• Like 1

That is a good idea regarding the cloths to gain the right colour.

I would never have thought of that.

There is a place down the coast from me, I will check them out.

It is one of the last things to do but one has to plan ahead.

I really like the headlining you have gone for it looks classy and would be prefect with a dark leather like black or grey.

But with ivory I am unsure, in fact I don't think it goes.

• 4 weeks later...

There mine.

There are so many seat options.

Personally I find the more modern seats too modern for my taste.

That is not to say there is anything wrong in fitting them to a classic.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• 5 years later...
On 31/10/2014 at 04:53, CharlieCroker said:

My Elite front seats will be available soon, but they would need recovering professionally, they are going cheap. 

I am looking for a source to obtain the material to replace the covering on the front seats for a 1982 Lotus Eclat 2.2 Riviera. Can you supply it and your estimated cost.

Tom Gervais.      [email protected]