free hit
counters
Racing rim options - standard 1991 SE PCD, offset etc - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Racing rim options - standard 1991 SE PCD, offset etc

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are Comp MOs the best option to go for - any alternatives out there. I can get a full set of Compo MOs for less than a grand delivered.. that's 18"x10J

89 White Esprit SE

...a few little upgrades....

93 RX7.....Silverstone

....slightly modded...Muahaha...

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm

it's what I thought and had read on here m8 but it'd be good to confirm - tks for that Jonathan -

as they're destined for a race car then 5/6 spokes - all in flat black - it really doesn't bother me much in the scheme of things.

Cheers

Jon

It's alive.. alive!!!..

altimeter.gifsai.gif

• 2 weeks later...
so what should the bore, pcd and offset be on the stock 1991 SE..?

I'm also speaking with Rimstock to have 1.2s made up in 17Js..

I am pretty sure the bore is 60mm on the 91 SE, offset on the 16" rears I think is 23mm and 17mm front on the 15's.

89 White Esprit SE

93 RX7.....Silverstone

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm

cheers Artie - tks again - Rimstock will then send some paper templates - I run larger Alcons all round so will need also bolt-in spacers.. I wonder if the bore/offset etc will work out to more like the later cars once we make the adjustments?

and we're sure - 108 PCD>>? or is it 109 as Jonathan suggested?

It's alive.. alive!!!..

altimeter.gifsai.gif

cheers Artie - tks again - Rimstock will then send some paper templates - I run larger Alcons all round so will need also bolt-in spacers.. I wonder if the bore/offset etc will work out to more like the later cars once we make the adjustments?

and we're sure - 108 PCD>>? or is it 109 as Jonathan suggested?

I quoted 108 to Work Wheels who custom made my rims and they fit perfectly! Where did you get your alcons for the fronts?

Artie

89 White Esprit SE

93 RX7.....Silverstone

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm

What you going for - I'm STILL chasing JLine (must be about 7 weeks now) for my set and I'm starting to think about other wheels now becuase if I need a spare I'm going to face the same shite again :lol:

Incidently I requested 108. The measurement I took was by inserting 2 studs as far apart as possible into the hub and measuring across them and taking away 1/2 the bolt diameter. Now not sure if that was right as, according to this :

diagram_02_new.gif

Using my method it will add a tiny amount on as the vernier doesn't go exactly through both bolt centres.

Tempted now just to say sod it and go for MOs

mo26.jpg

Not what I want but they are race specified, value, white, available, and in the right size.

facebook = [email protected]

The danger of sticking with the replica route to the absolute detail is that you'll compromise the driving package as you wont have the budget to replicate the chassis at which point those large 5 spokes make sense. Better to go with what works for a good price for you.

cheap racing rims? - I've jst had a quote back for little over

It's alive.. alive!!!..

altimeter.gifsai.gif

Hehe - you don't know me well enough, I always do things the difficult way, why do you think I own a Lotus :lol:

If I was in a marching band I'd find a way to take a grand piano.

I have a few other leads, the replica is very important to me unfortunatly, probably 50/50 against performance. Hopefully some split rims I have in mind can cure my problem but as usualy, still waiting a reply !

facebook = [email protected]

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

so what I want is 17" 7.5J (fronts) and 18" 9J (rears) , 108 PCD 5-stud

Can I then use the following, as suggesed above?

60mm bore?

Front +14et (as per 17"x8")

Rear +17et (as per 18"x10")

does that sound about right for a Stevens car - I guess the sizes aren't too far off an S4S for example.>?

What other measurements will Rimstock need?

Jon

P.S: I have the pdf template files from Rimstock if anyone is happy enough to check over for me..

I quoted 108 to Work Wheels who custom made my rims and they fit perfectly!

Artie

Custom made Artie.>?

What sizes - what hubs were/are you running?

Cheers

Jon

Edited by M Blur

It's alive.. alive!!!..

altimeter.gifsai.gif

I hate to make things more complicated but I as well am looking into some wheels for my 90 SE. I was hoping for 17" front and 18" rears. I am installing wheel arch flares and am looking to put very wide rear wheels on the car. I am curious to see the outcome of Jon B's questions for it will also answer mine.

P.S. What dose PCD mean?

I hate to make things more complicated but I as well am looking into some wheels for my 90 SE. I was hoping for 17" front and 18" rears. I am installing wheel arch flares and am looking to put very wide rear wheels on the car. I am curious to see the outcome of Jon B's questions for it will also answer mine.

P.S. What dose PCD mean?

PCD is the bolt pattern, 5 studs in a 108mm circle.

What do you mean by really wide?

I have Esprit V8 wheels 17x8.5 and 18x10 with 235/40-17 and 285/35-18 tires.

Some people run 315wide rears with custom 3 piece wheels, though I think they are having trouble finding tires. Ask Sanj, I'm not sure.

I beleve in order to get a10.5" wheel with 315mm wide tires they had to go more inset, probably the same as the Sport 300 +6mm in the rear, where the V8 is +17mm (for a 10" wide wheel).

I know that if my suspension (stock ride height 170mm) compresses fully, that the tire will rub on the inside of the fender. The body actually sits on the rear tire when I jack up one of the front jack points on the car.

The Esprit fender flares (V8 models) don't actually widen the fender... The inner lip is still in the same place. The eyebrows are just for a european regulation about clearance between tire and fender, to prevent rocks from being flung. Adding those won't actually give you more tire clearance. I'm fairly sure you would have to cut the body if you plan on deviating from the V8 sizes or Sport 300 sizes. And even then the front 235/40-17 will very slightly rub in the front on the inside of the wheel wells, at full lock.

The V8 wheels will fit on an SE, keeping in mind that the front wheels inner diameter will have to be bored out to 60mm to fit over the larger hub spigot diameter of the SE hub. No fender flares required.

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

My Lotus Photo and Projects Album