free hit
counters
Fuel filler breather pipe - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
directordanw

Fuel filler breather pipe

Hello all. So, the breather pipe in the boot is yellow and rotten-looking meaning there's a gentle smell of petrol in there. And also the end is just flapping loose over near the battery box, which doesn't seem right. Or very safe! Where should this pipe be routed to? And has anyone got a recommendation for the dimension and material for a replacement pipe? Thanks in advance.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

in my case it is lead more than the half boot round between the rear light clusters... I have to look where it ends exactly eusa_think.gif

On the Excel it ends in the rear bumper where it also is prone to break.... :rolleyes:

Edited by Don.Hasi

Dan,

My eclat routes below the rear window to the off side then down into the rear bumper more or less central to the boot. I have no idea why it routes the long way round the boot it just does and it looks as if thats where it was installed when the car was built. I wouls guess its 3/8" bore plastic pipe

John

Cheers for that gents. Like yours John mine heads off towards the off side but then runs out near the battery box. It makes sense that it outlets away from the exhaust pipes, I've obviously just lost a bit of pipe along the way! Is there an obvious hole that it exits through?

Photobucket is down at the moment so cant post a pic of the excel one from my Lc excel.

On the EXCEL - It comes from the filler across the the top of the boot in front of the fuel tank parallel to the wires, over to the right hand side, down the inside of the right hand rear panel.  It then lays along the floor next to the rear lights and sits in a small channel across the inside boot of the car level to the number plate, it then pokes through a hole and exits underneath the car.

I will post a pic shortly which shows the full run.  If you have a boot carpet you have to remove the carpet to get to it,

@ftb: it is possible to upload the pictures directly here ;)

@Dan: yes, it goes 3/4 round the complete boot but not at the bottom, in my case it is lead under the top of the boot and comes also over the battery. It then ends up in the middle of the boot lock and the left taillight in the floor. I couldnt investigate further where it pops out. Have to look later on it again.

post-5769-0-13002900-1415277968.jpg

post-5769-0-73291600-1415277981.jpg