free hit
counters
S2 '01 K series timing belt change - Page 2 - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

S2 '01 K series timing belt change

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi, yes it needs to go through the top engine mount. You loosen both bolts so there is a gap about the width of the belt, then fully undo the first bolt. Slide the belt so it's between both bolts t

http://www.tadts.com/instructions/engine/100016.html Step 18 shows the ring gear

Thanks Gary -  just went out and did it (got the timing belt pulley off (OMG it was tight!) Hope I can get it bloody tight going back on! Anyway if anyone is reading this I have another question. The Alternator belt pulley has an unneeded belt bell on it (Probably for the MG power steering) would it be OK to machine it off? I will post a new post over this one as well.

Edited by ratcat

Yes you can machine off the extra unused auxiliary drive, a popular little mod which gives more room to get your socket in.

Kent monthly meet is the first Tuesday of the month at the Nevill Bull, Birling

• 6 months later...

I'm guessing that my 2002 K series will have the automatic tensioner?

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Yes more than likely. Anyway order the Gates K series timing belt with tensioner and they will give you an auto Tensioner. Even if you had the manual tensioner go with an auto one when you replace it. I did mine as you can see back in December. the job wasn't super easy but I'm just an average home mechanic and did it no problem. Any other questions feel free to ask. The other guys or I will be happy to answer for you.