free hit
counters
Lotus Cars Celebrates 1000th Exige S - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Lotus Cars Celebrates 1000th Exige S

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As the repartition by model mentioned by JMG was about 1/3 or each model I'm pretty sure that Evora has cracked the 1000 cars quite a while ago but it was no time to celebrate back then. JMG is much b

I was going to ask on the facebook page but didnt want to put any doubt in their thread but it this figure made up of the V6 cars? Or does this include any of the older Exiges?

If its just the V6 cars thats bloody amazing...is that £56,000,000.00?

Buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

Well, they're doing 'around' two thousand cars a year and the Exige S is their best seller so, yep, already at the thousand mark! I'd imagine that figure already surpasses total Evora sales, thus far, and is set to rise further as certain markets lap up the automatic option.

As the repartition by model mentioned by JMG was about 1/3 or each model I'm pretty sure that Evora has cracked the 1000 cars quite a while ago but it was no time to celebrate back then. JMG is much better at PR than the previous management team and we have had a steady stream of press release in the past few months both good and bad but keeping Lotus in the news. 

1000 cars in 2 years is quite an achievement as it means pretty much 500 cars per year of this specific model and actually the split would be rather 250 year one and 750 year two.  But I think Lotus is now targeting 1000 cars sold of each specific model no less and this is both a declaration of intent and an encouraging sign for all of us to see.

If exige base price is 56,000+, Evora 65,000+ and Elise 32,000+ and they sell each by the thousand a year, it is quite a lot of cash coming in, enough to break even, and probably enough for a small but consistent profit. 

The refresh for both Evora and Elise cannot come soon enough and the Elise refresh will bring another raft of improvement to Exige which will make the car appeal even bigger. 

Edited by NedaSay
  • Like 1

Yeah, you're probably right about the Evora; I was not thinking about the fact that considerably more of them are sold abroad than in the UK where the 'howmanyareleft.co.uk' site shows 488 Evoras licensed in total (135 Exige V6's licensed in the UK). I seem to remember it being said that the large majority of Lotus sales are exports so if the ratios of UK sales to export sales are even remotely similar then there must be well over three thousand Evoras sold in total.