free hit
counters
Sunroof slot recesses - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Chillidoggy

Sunroof slot recesses

Can anyone tell me if I need to remove the front upper trim panel to remove the slot recesses? The metal on mine are rusty, and I'd like to get them cleaned up. I looked at the parts list, but it doesn't show any nuts holding the bolts, and I'm wondering if they're captive? Looks like there are two M6 or M5 bolts on them, but I don't want to disturb them if it's going to be a right ballache, they can wait till later on!

2014-11-09095019_zps18ebae4a.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

They are captive, try a bit of lube before attempting to release if they are really badly rusted, or just wire brush the tangs and paint I covered mine with tape to stop them rattling !

Nick S4s

On a related note if you'd ever have to service anything inside that cavity (i.e. changing the rear view mirror) - the trim comes off by undoing the 4 screws hidden under the sun visors.

Wished I'd known that earlier!

The bolts are captive, but I think they must be part of the plastic recesses. I got the plates off this afternoon but now I know that, I'll probably have the trim off too.