free hit
counters
D plate Excel SE - Lotusforsale.com - Latest Ads - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
lotusforsale.com

D plate Excel SE

I hate writing for sale ads, but here goes.

D plate Excel SE for sale. Jupiter red. Paint has some lacquer peel (although not much) and a few minor scrapes.

Engine, not original (I have the original but swapped it for one in better condition), runs well but if far from newly reconditioned. Would probably benefit from new shells and ring, bores are fine being coated and still (last time I had it apart) have cross hatching of the honing.

Speedline wheels.

Interior, half leather in the sandy colour. Leather has begun to suffer with age, rip on the door card, rip on the centre tray , rip on the rear passenger card (rips are not gigantic, but they are there). Rest of the leather is showing its age and the cloth has a hole on the driver’s seat where my keys plucked it repeatedly.

Roof lining has been replaced, but sun visors not re-covered and are not currently fitted but will come with the car.

Mileage- don’t know what the odomoter reads but will have a look. I replaced the odomoter and had/ have the old one, and think the replacement was c 10k-15k less than the old, so I should be able to estimate the mileage.

Rear seatbelt mounts were replaced with stainless ones from Lotusbits.

It was used as my daily driver until superseded by a gold Excel, so it was reliable and serviced. MOT has run out and although I’m confident over most of the car, think it may need tinkering on the carbs to pass.

Last time I looked at the car, the headlights didn’t pop up, but I will check this out and believe it’s just a relay playing up.

Why am I selling? Simple- I don’t use the car and have another one (’89 model with full leather etc) ready and waiting for my attention, so will not get round to doing anything on this car for years.

Price- £1200 ono. I know I could break it for more, but it’s a decent project or decent running car if somebody wants it, and I don’t want the hassle of breaking it.

Location. Just outside Norwich, Norfolk Ease of collection. Currently in a local authority garage so could be easily loaded onto a trailer etc.

View the full article

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.