free hit
counters
Can anyone help with a "what's my car worth" query? - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
S3mon

Can anyone help with a "what's my car worth" query?

Apologies in advance if this is not posted in the correct section.

I am emigrating to Canada permanently and am thinking of not taking my Esprit with me, so would be looking to sell it.

There are not that many S3's around for sale at the moment to compare it against so I wondered if anyone could help with pricing it up for me?

It's a 1983 NA S3

60k miles

Re-sprayed and entire interior re-trim a few years ago - all in great condition.

Everything standard except an SJSportscars stainless steel full exhaust system & Gaz adjustable suspension

All recent servicing done by Morland Jones (great guys)

extensive history

any thoughts on what it's worth please?

post-3886-0-65220300-1415973451.jpg

post-3886-0-64863600-1415973461.jpg

post-3886-0-41155700-1415973475.jpg

post-3886-0-88561500-1415973508.jpg

post-3886-0-43334800-1415973528.jpg

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Good looking car, lovely pics. Hard to say really but in that condition and with recent paint, good history and decent mileage I'm sure you'd be looking around £10k nowadays.

Hello Simon,

You might want to consider bringing it to Canada with you.  Cars not originally sold in North America only have to be 15 years old to import (vs. 25 in the U.S.);  you shouldn't have much difficulty.  As Canada and the U.S. never received the non-turbo S3, the handful that are over here have a certain appeal to them (supply vs. demand...).    Furthermore, an Esprit of that era is difficult to find in the condition of yours, and one with a thorough service history like yours is even more difficult to find.   And Canadians love everyone and everything British.  Consider bringing it with you, continue to enjoy it, and know that it will be very saleable over here (even being RHD).

-Tony

Looks nice and N/As have plenty of interest at the moment. You maybe best to ask Hopo but as Bibs say I think you should see £10K. I think you might even get a bit more.

Buddsy

I'm looking with interest at N/A's and black is high on the list. I think Bibs is pretty close at £10k if you are prepared to wait for a buyer.

Trevor.

Ditto what the other guys say Simon.......... Unless its a question of the cost of transporting and you need the money......

Keep it if you can. Tony and the other North American lads say it'll be worth more there anyway but I have family near Vancouver and theres some amazing roads there too! 

I'm sure the JPS' esque colours will help too!  :smoke:

If you leave it here you will regret it from the second you touch down at Toronto and think about it sitting in someone else's garage 3000 miles away.....................guaranteed.

Keep it if you possibly can  :thumbsup:

I reckon it's worth a couple of hundred quid.

PM me if you're interested................

:getmecoat:

Hi Simon,

Lovely looking car ...... it looks superb.

In general its hard to value any Esprits at all but in my view even trickier with S3 Na's. Im a little surprised Trev hasn't been on here with his familiar mantra.... "Its worth what someone is willing to pay for it" line. :harhar: But he kinda does have a point. The market is small, very small you cant be in a hurry to sell it.

Personally I would take it with you, they are so few and far between Na's rarely come up for sale and as with all esprits there are a lot of dogs around. A car you have lavished care and money on will in the long term look after you. There will not be many in Canada either. In fact I can think of few better cars for blasting around the open roads of Canada! if the money for the shipping will not break you do it.

If you do want to sell it with decent paint and interior I would say similar figures to Barrie's suggestions £12,000 to £14,000 or so.

Do you have a timescale for when you are off?

Regards,

Jon

Thanks for the comments.

Actually Jon, I'm already 'Off'

I came to Canada a year ago on an 8 month contract, and have decided to stay. 

I would like to keep it, but I am buying a house over here and the Esprit will do very nicely towards a deposit (plus the winters of -40oC wont be fun for it ;) )

I am coming back to the UK in Jan to arrange for my personal belongings (furniture etc) to be shipped over here. So I would be looking to sell then

not clear enough for you Jon

I'm looking with interest at N/A's and black is high on the list. I think Bibs is pretty close at £10k if you are prepared to wait for a buyer.

Trevor.

Can someone explain to me why you would choose to live in a place that reaches -40C.

Sorry but can't help you on the value, but I would not give up my +30 degrees for your -40.

Oh and my Esprit Turbo loves the heat.