free hit
counters
Couldn't resist............ EX 430 kit ordered! :-) - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Steve LF1

Couldn't resist............ EX 430 kit ordered! :-)

Hi Guys,

Absolutely loving my first lotus ownership! Although iv had a few issues, all resolved and blown away by the car!

Not long ran the car in and had it serviced, then it was time to see what she could do!

Was genuinely blown away with the balance, handling, brakes and sheer raw feel through the steering of this car! However being a power hungry freak, i felt she could definitely use more ponnies! 

My original plan was to do the manifold and panel filter, but i genuinely feel these awesome little cars could take so much more! So after a chat to the guys at Komo Tec, iv ordered their 430 kit! Should be up and running in next few weeks!

Can't wait to drive it after the conversion as it blew my mind standard! 

Will let you know how it goes!

Steve

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Congrats! :) Can't wait to hear about how it goes with the full kit. It sounds great on the videos that have been posted up.

Stu

I am juggling with the same idea !!! But first will change the suspentions, because all the time I like to do the tuning step by step.

Let us know about your feeling after a first ride. ;)

Any idea of the exhaust db noise change? Just wondering if the kits track friendly in the UK?

Exhaust will be fine as believe it or not the 430 kit uses the standard back box. Only changes the manifolds and sports cat.

Should be fine.

I don't understand why people are changing suspemsion? I've done a lot of racing and track work, karting etc and although iv not had the lotus in the track yet, from what I've experienced on the road, 98% of drivers won't have the ability to drive the car beyond its standard set up.

Done five track days in the V6 and can say under heavy braking the front does seem to dive, I'll be looking at nitrons over winter, it also allows me to go lower. Unsure if it's just me but the standard ride height just looks to high to me.

Will be interested to see if you notice a change Steve, as wouldn't want yo risk track time... Cheers and look forward to the updates best make sure you take lots of pics of parts and install please ;)

I don't understand why people are changing suspemsion? I've done a lot of racing and track work, karting etc and although iv not had the lotus in the track yet, from what I've experienced on the road, 98% of drivers won't have the ability to drive the car beyond its standard set up.

Why there are other suspensions in a Exige Cup? Surely because they are better.

The Exige is quiet soft on street, and if a car is soft on street, it's definitely too soft on track.

I bought the LF1 to have a modern car for some trackdays per year and it would have been a Cup, but the LF1 looks that great ... so I couldn't resist. ;)

Have you had the upgrade done yet?

I have dropped off my car today at the dealership to upgrade the following:

Komo Tec Pulley, Komo Tec cold air intake, Komo Tec tune.

The only thing non Komo Tec will be the full Larini (headers sport cat and muffler) exhaust system that I currently have on my ex-Evora which will be taken out and put into the Exige. Can't wait, i call my car the bee, now it will be the wasp!

So I picked up my car today with the whole kit on, it's pretty fast :P

The first thing I realised the throttle response is even better now and it seems much easier to rev match on downshifts than before!

• Like 1