free hit
counters
I am 52 - Page 2 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

All the best on a speedy recovery.

I don't know how I missed this post way back when it started but from a bit (okay a 5 year bit) older bloke on here like many of us wondering what is round the corner wishing you a speedy recovery and hoping all comes good quickly.

I had my rig manager out here (Drillship off Angola) last hitch and he's my age (57), weight (i.e. overweight), same fitness level (i.e. unfit) and from same part of Scotland (i.e. West Central belt and UK Heart attack capital) and he had a heart attack and we had to Medecac him out of here by chopper on drips and O2 and he ended up air ambulance to Jo-burg because you do not want to be treated here before back to Scotland.  Not that, that is connected to a stroke particularly I appreciate but meaning it brings home how unexpected these things are and how close they can be and we don't know.  Thinking of you.

• Like 1

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did it today. Drove nearly twenty minutes to an appointment and another twenty back. Have my license back (with conditions) until I do a test in a dual control vehicle by the 2nd June. Drive myself t

I am at work today for 3 hours. First day in 4 1/2 months.

They just want me to look left and right when changing lanes, not just use my mirrors. It can be disconcerting when I do it since the stroke.   But I'm free.

Getting a bit concerned, it's been a while since we herd from Michael. He's 1,400 kilometers from me, anyone closer ?

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys. I', home. Got home yesterday. Hopped on buy didn't do anything. Smartphone is a struggle.

First up, thanks for all the thoughts. Really appreciated.

I can walk on my own, but it's not the prettiest sight. Focusing is still awkward and in low light, the left hand end of sentences is difficult.

It'll be awhile until; I can pull my weight om here as this has taken nearly ten minutes to get right.

Still have outpatient physio to go to in new year and don't know when I can drive again.

:)

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Good to hear from you mate. Take your time, keep your chin up :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I wish you well Michael, I don't recommend advice from amateurs, but for what it's worth, here goes.

I only have experience of recovery from paralysis from an accident, not a stroke, but what worked for me was clearly set goals as to where I wanted to and when. Then drive yourself to them, the bad days can bring you tears. A year after I left rehab, I sent my attending physician a photo of the trip meter on my bicycle when it reach 600 ks, he was the one that said I'd never walk again without aids, that gave me a real kick. When you're having a bad one and think you're nothing more than a burden, just keep pushing, get up the next day ready to do it all again. Above all, never loose your sense of humor.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

• Gold FFM

Hi Michael, just to wish you well and to say keep up the fight, the body is more resilient than people think and fighting spirit can accomplish loads.

Have a great Christmas at home and All the very best for the New Year

Have a great Christmas, and may the recovery continue smoothly into the new year.

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

• 1 month later...

Back again, but doesn't seem much different. Left hand end sentences is still difficult. I can walk and lift things that Liz doesn't want me to lift. I have corrected quite a few mistakes in this where I type the letter to the right of the one that I want.

Stll can't drive. That will be a while.

Still not at work either.

Onwards and upwards. :)

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Wishing you a swift and full recovery Michael.

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Good to hear from you matey. Keep that chin firmly up and keep us in the loop. Regards Ian

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Shite on a stick mate, being away from the computer for 2 weeks I totally missed this! God, I guess it was, but hope it wasn't, me you sent the text to as you have my number. I am really, really sorry but I never received it mate.

So sorry and obviously wish you a speedy recovery. If you need anything you know where I am and my tel number.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Hi Michael, been working overseas and see there is no update for a while so hows it going, dont expect any long winded reply just a word to say your fighting on.

All the best from a freezing cold Kazakhstan.

This is currently what my brain is doing. All amazing really.

Left hand end of sentences is hard again and my balance is a bit on the blink again.

I have allodynia on my entire left side from my neck down and about half of my head. If you have ever had 'touchy skin' from the flu, that's my left side and my head. This used to only hurt if I scratched or used the muscles. It now hurts all the time, so I have to think that my brain is relearning.

I wish it would hurry up.