free hit
counters
Lotus esprit experience - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Lotus esprit experience

School.teacher.rock

Hi are there any lovely lotus esprit owners out there that would give my lovely hubby a lotus driving experience as he will be 50 in feb next year! I have tried various companies that do these experiences but sadly only offer a lotus Elise! Obviously I am willing to pay the going rate for this, just hoping that someone can help him live his dream! Many thanks kim

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Firstly, welcome to the forum Kim, your husband is a lucky man!

I'm sure there would be someone here who is willing and able to help.

Does your husband have a particular favourite Esprit? Did he always want a go in a James Bond one or anything like that, or was he after the adrenalin rush of a more modern V8 twin turbo? Were you thinking track or road?

best of luck

Jonny

I suspect you're hoping he can drive it road/track. If so I don't know anyone who does it commercially. If on the other hand he just fancies a passenger ride then I'm sure somebody would be able to help out for a beer token or two.

Hi thanks for getting back to me, his favourite is the white James Bond esprit! But he would be happy to drive any esprit! He would of course love to drive it but if the only alternative was a ride that would be great too! Road or track would not matter! I live in reading Berkshire! Hope someone can help me! As would love to see his face!

A ride is no problem, although I am moving to Devon in January my car will be here for a while and I will be up every couple of weeks. I am in Reading at the moment, when I move the car will be in Maidenhead.

PM me if you like.

• Like 1

I have CDO, it's like OCD but all the letters are in alphabetical order, AS THEY SHOULD BE !

The famous James Bond car is the white Esprit S1 from The Spy Who Loved Me.

Getting a drive in one might be tricky, a ride in one might be easier to achieve. The only trouble with February is there's usually salt on the roads then and the few S1 that are left tend to be prized collectors cars. You won't see many on the roads then for that reason. If you don't have any luck for Feb, I'd suggest trying to arrange something for the Spring. You could just get him the model for his birthday.  ;)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUTOART-1-18-75300-LOTUS-ESPRIT-TYPE-79-JAMES-BOND-007-THE-SPY-WHO-LOVED-ME-/161307138937?pt=UK_ToysGames_DiecastVehicles_DiecastVehicles_JN&hash=item258ea79b79

• Gold FFM

HI Kim

I am just north of Winchester. If you do not get a better offer, I have a Blue Turbo Esprit that everyone (not in the know) mistakes for the James Bond car, and would be happy to take your husband out for a ride. 

I am probably three quarters of an hour away, so if there is anyone closer who could do it, that would be better.

Regards

Kevin

Kim,

I think we can help with it as you can see.

But we do have various events during the year where Members show up and take their cars to show and even drive around the track. As the guys say, we are coming into the season where most of our members put their babies to bed to avoid nasty weather, but starting next year there will be several events where I'm sure he would be welcome, maybe even get a lift with a member, and get treated like "one of the Esprit boys".

On another note have you thought about a day at the Lotus factory where he can drive their current cars around the track including the Evora? They have standard and scare yourself silly packages.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Do you remember the surprise event we threw for a total stranger a couple of years ago at that pub, there was loads of us, it was awesome :D

Sounds like a good idea.

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

HI Kim

I am just north of Winchester. If you do not get a better offer, I have a Blue Turbo Esprit that everyone (not in the know) mistakes for the James Bond car, and would be happy to take your husband out for a ride.

I am probably three quarters of an hour away, so if there is anyone closer who could do it, that would be better.

Regards

Kevin

Hi kim

I'm happy to take anyone for a drive in my white s1 Esprit but the tax runs out at the end of the month so would have to be this weekend and Im in Northamptonshire

My wife's working all weekend so any time is fine. he can have a ride in a Europa, Excel and a Elan+2 as well if that helps.

If that's any good please pm me.

Matt

Let me know If you have a S1 esprit for sale 🙂