free hit
counters
interior heating , only warm 1988 turbo x180 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Kirk Adamson

interior heating , only warm 1988 turbo x180

interior heating blower fine . all knobs seem to be working . ie you can hear different vent flaps opening shutting  but on hot air setting only getting warm air .  rad fans cut in correct temp etc.(mine has air con fitted ) any ideas please :-)

Edited by Kirk Adamson

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

My G car was like this - no air con, and was a luke warm dribble. I think it was an air bubble I think. After draining a couple of times it became (and still is) hot.

Chris

chris., yep my air con is off. when you say you drained it . what method did you use . sorry to ask just got the car 2 months ago and starting to run through the faults etc .. cheers for the reply. kirk

Try opening the vent on the radiator when engine warm and heater on. Access through the front passenger wheel arch. 

Hi Kirk

I don't have air con on my car, I ran with a luke warm dribble for a year after recommissioning the car in 2012, and it was one of the things that was fixed on the first years service.

I didn't drain it myself, but this description came from GST in Newmarket.

Chris

has the water leak been solved then?

The heater was fixed last year, the water leak is for this week :)

Gerald picked up the car today. Hope to get a good photo of it with Barrie's black one.

interior heating blower fine . all knobs seem to be working . ie you can hear different vent flaps opening shutting  but on hot air setting only getting warm air .  rad fans cut in correct temp etc.(mine has air con fitted ) any ideas please :-)

Kirk,

Did you get the owner's manual with the car?

The dash level vents only blow "cold" air.  If you have the knob turned to interior then only these vents blow, and they won't blow hot air.

If you have the heat on, and the knob is to defrost, then the defrost vents at the windshield are where the heat comes out.   If you have heat selected and the knob about half way between defrost and interior, then some heat will come out on your feet as well...

That's just how the system works.

P5090280.JPG