free hit
counters
Its Winter - who's whimped out and who hasn't? - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Its Winter - who's whimped out and who hasn't?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was about to have the winter tyres fitted on my rims but decided to ditch the Evora N/A instead....   ...picking up an Evora S SR on 24th Dec, Merry Christmas!!   Only trouble now is I have a se

old... but still nice.  

Noticed a slow down in postings and I am guessing a few of you have put your P&J away for the winter? So have you or are you giving winter two fingers and keeping it out there?

Posted Images

Winters were fitted 3 weeks ago (when I realised that the new white stripe on both the rears was in fact canvas!! :B) A first for me.  ) It is no garage queen but to be fair doesn't do a lot of miles annually but equally shared summer and winter.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

• Gold FFM

Use mine all year round, no winters, don't use it in snow and if a bit cold I just take it easy.

That does remind me when I picked the car up we got delayed and it started snowing when we were still120 miles from home. These were taken when we got home, wife was following me in the Merc. Not ideal introduction to a new car.

DSCN1780_zpsf7aeb2db.jpg

DSCN1782_zps1e010a48.jpg

Edited by Colin P
  • Like 1

A Lotus is for driving, pork is for breakfast.

I keep my S3 taxed year round and use it in winter providing its not raining or snowing and there is no salt on the road. Regular use avoids many of the small problems with sticking calipers, ignition etc. And its more fun! Fortunately my wife has an estate and I also have an old BMW 328i.

Me too: both Loti used all year round, but significantly less in the winter months.

We Northern/Central Europeans are a strange bunch in having a hobby/passion for special cars which we only properly indulge for 6 months of the year. The good folk of sunny Southern California must think we're mad.

My winters would be on already if the winter hadn't gotten stuck in traffic. Its still near 10° C during the day and that is just too warm.

But, the rears are at the shop right now to get new tires fitted. 1st time I ever had to buy my second set of winter tires for a car before trading in.  :huh:

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

I used mine on Sunday and, whilst it's not a daily driver, I do plan to get it out and use it over the winter months. Apart from being,undoubtedly, the best Lotus I have owned during my 26 years of Lotus ownership, it is just so damned competent that there is no reason not to as far as I can see.

Mike S

I bought mine as a daily driver so I'll be using mine in all weathers! I also have my A5 Quattro should the snow come and stay, otherwise the missus will be using that for work.

I've copper greased all the undertray bolts, front and rear. coated the wheel nuts and brake discs, painted the front grill ready for the bad weather.

I'll just keep cleaning the wheels as much as I can to stop the paint from bubbling.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

My Evora got winter tyres two weeks ago. At least I'am driving weekly with it. Terrible salt bath in this time. It's snowing and smelting again. I have old Discovery as backup.

Esprit and Elise are both out of traffic use during winter months.

I haven't done any real performance testing but purely subjectively, in my experience the standard P Zeros feel better down to around zero degrees than the Yoko W drives, and that includes wet and frosty conditions. I'm holding off switching back to my winters until we start seeing proper sub-zero temperatures, or impending snow.

I bought mine as a daily driver so I'll be using mine in all weathers! I also have my A5 Quattro should the snow come and stay, otherwise the missus will be using that for work.

I've copper greased all the undertray bolts, front and rear. coated the wheel nuts and brake discs, painted the front grill ready for the bad weather.

I'll just keep cleaning the wheels as much as I can to stop the paint from bubbling.

what have you coated the brake discs (and wheel nuts) with?  :question:

Grill painting - it's unbelievable how crap the factory 'paint' job of them is! Plastidip is something I may try.

I used clear lacquer

what have you coated the brake discs (and wheel nuts) with?  :question:

Grill painting - it's unbelievable how crap the factory 'paint' job of them is! Plastidip is something I may try.

I used a few coats of clear lacquer

• 2 weeks later...