free hit
counters
Its Winter - who's whimped out and who hasn't? - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Frimley111R

Its Winter - who's whimped out and who hasn't?

Noticed a slow down in postings and I am guessing a few of you have put your P&J away for the winter? So have you or are you giving winter two fingers and keeping it out there?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Winters just put on last week, fully serviced and checked over, including vacuuming out the radiator area. Fully clayed, waxed and protected by the swissvax center 2 weeks ago. Can't wait for snow!   :driving:

Yep I'll be driving mine through the winter.

Trevor.

Yep I'll be driving mine through the winter.

Trevor.

me too Trevor ;)

I'm picking my Exige S Roadster up on Thursday and will be driving it through the winter. (I know this is the Evora forum but I thought I'd reply anyway. :))

Edited by BillTheButcher

Winters were fitted 3 weeks ago (when I realised that the new white stripe on both the rears was in fact canvas!! :B) A first for me.  ) It is no garage queen but to be fair doesn't do a lot of miles annually but equally shared summer and winter.

Use mine all year round, no winters, don't use it in snow and if a bit cold I just take it easy.

That does remind me when I picked the car up we got delayed and it started snowing when we were still120 miles from home. These were taken when we got home, wife was following me in the Merc. Not ideal introduction to a new car.

DSCN1780_zpsf7aeb2db.jpg

DSCN1782_zps1e010a48.jpg

Edited by Colin P
  • Like 1

I've whimped out and bought a Freelander for the winter. I'm hoping for snow now so I can feel smug :)

I keep my S3 taxed year round and use it in winter providing its not raining or snowing and there is no salt on the road. Regular use avoids many of the small problems with sticking calipers, ignition etc. And its more fun! Fortunately my wife has an estate and I also have an old BMW 328i.

Me too: both Loti used all year round, but significantly less in the winter months.

We Northern/Central Europeans are a strange bunch in having a hobby/passion for special cars which we only properly indulge for 6 months of the year. The good folk of sunny Southern California must think we're mad.

My winters would be on already if the winter hadn't gotten stuck in traffic. Its still near 10° C during the day and that is just too warm.

But, the rears are at the shop right now to get new tires fitted. 1st time I ever had to buy my second set of winter tires for a car before trading in.  :huh:

I used mine on Sunday and, whilst it's not a daily driver, I do plan to get it out and use it over the winter months. Apart from being,undoubtedly, the best Lotus I have owned during my 26 years of Lotus ownership, it is just so damned competent that there is no reason not to as far as I can see.

I bought mine as a daily driver so I'll be using mine in all weathers! I also have my A5 Quattro should the snow come and stay, otherwise the missus will be using that for work.

I've copper greased all the undertray bolts, front and rear. coated the wheel nuts and brake discs, painted the front grill ready for the bad weather.

I'll just keep cleaning the wheels as much as I can to stop the paint from bubbling.

My Evora got winter tyres two weeks ago. At least I'am driving weekly with it. Terrible salt bath in this time. It's snowing and smelting again. I have old Discovery as backup.

Esprit and Elise are both out of traffic use during winter months.

I haven't done any real performance testing but purely subjectively, in my experience the standard P Zeros feel better down to around zero degrees than the Yoko W drives, and that includes wet and frosty conditions. I'm holding off switching back to my winters until we start seeing proper sub-zero temperatures, or impending snow.

I bought mine as a daily driver so I'll be using mine in all weathers! I also have my A5 Quattro should the snow come and stay, otherwise the missus will be using that for work.

I've copper greased all the undertray bolts, front and rear. coated the wheel nuts and brake discs, painted the front grill ready for the bad weather.

I'll just keep cleaning the wheels as much as I can to stop the paint from bubbling.

what have you coated the brake discs (and wheel nuts) with?  :question:

Grill painting - it's unbelievable how crap the factory 'paint' job of them is! Plastidip is something I may try.

Mine is a daily driver, so  will be used all winter.  Winter tyres are waiting in the garage for the weather to get a bit colder.

I used clear lacquer

what have you coated the brake discs (and wheel nuts) with?  :question:

Grill painting - it's unbelievable how crap the factory 'paint' job of them is! Plastidip is something I may try.

I used a few coats of clear lacquer

Not much chance to see snow in London. So going to keep driving through the winter. Christmas is coming fast!

IMAG3030.jpg

Edited by yschean
  • Like 1

^^^^^^ that is a very cool photo, the Evora dash is very pretty!

coated the brake discs

what have you coated the brake discs (and wheel nuts) with? :question:

A nice coating of oil to keep the rust away :D Edited by Simon350S
  • Like 1

Winter coat, wheels and tyres all on.  Ready.  

post-14934-0-50791300-1418145949.jpg