free hit
counters
Its Winter - who's whimped out and who hasn't? - Page 2 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Its Winter - who's whimped out and who hasn't?

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was about to have the winter tyres fitted on my rims but decided to ditch the Evora N/A instead....   ...picking up an Evora S SR on 24th Dec, Merry Christmas!!   Only trouble now is I have a se

old... but still nice.  

Noticed a slow down in postings and I am guessing a few of you have put your P&J away for the winter? So have you or are you giving winter two fingers and keeping it out there?

Posted Images

I was about to have the winter tyres fitted on my rims but decided to ditch the Evora N/A instead....

...picking up an Evora S SR on 24th Dec, Merry Christmas!!

Only trouble now is I have a set of 18/19 inch winter tyres and no rims to put them on....  

Nice present on Christmas Eve - I hope they're wrapping it for you :)

Oh well after you have acquired a set of 18"/19" rims you will be like me with the S.  I run the larger sizes in summer and the smaller in winter as no larger winter tyres options recommended from Lotus plus in my case I ran the winters for 2 or 3 winters on N/A's anyway so had them.  

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

I know your pain LD. I commute Gatwick-Milton Keynes on a Monday, do a few days of 20-40 minute commutes, and then drive back on a Friday. It's sad when i'm most excited about getting home to wash the car, right? :D

Mines having the detailers winter protection done on Monday. No winter tyres, it's good practice :-))

Had the dealer pull it in for the oil cooler hoses only to find it needs a new oil cooler too, which are on back order so it'll have to go in again in jan :-(

Just popped into the garage to find something and noticed that the Evora has areas of heavy condensation around the lower panels. The car is covered by a loose-fitting breathable car-cover. To be honest I'm not surprised: this has happened before when previously cold temperatures quickly give way to unseasonably mild weather like today.

Anyway, cover off, garage doors opened, engine up to temp and everything OK. I'll leave it uncovered for a few days.

The pampered Lotus Omega in it's ventilated air chamber doesn't suffer from any of these problems...

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• 3 weeks later...

Got winters put on Dexter this morning. 11,000 miles since April and still counting...

Had a major drama trying to find the "recommended" make/model/sizes - maybe left it too late doing panic buying at this time of year and didn't want to wait yonks for delivery - so have been slightly unconventional.

Pirelli Sottozero Series II all round but wiggly wavey regular wintery tread pattern on the fronts and a sort of geometric weirdness tread pattern, with specific insides and outsides, on the rears. 225/40/18 V front, 255/35/19 V back.

Lotus MMC Edinburgh assures me using the standard sizes for winters is fine though (as I'm sure we all know it inside out) the manual quotes Yokohama W-drive 215/40/18 and 245/35/19 as recommended.

DON'T TELL ME I'VE SCREWED UP! ;) <gulp>

post-17061-0-52185600-1420313546.jpg

post-17061-0-16291300-1420313552.jpg

hence some impromptu sideways action exiting a roundabout in a slightly enthusiastic manner

The Pirelli P Zero tyres mine had on it when I first bought it used to do that *all the time* at roundabouts in wet weather once they were a bit worn down. New ones solved it, though roundabouts were always a bit more boring afterwards.

I had a novel one the other day.......finishing with pink jeans.....

I went arse over tit the other morning while wiping the ice and stuff off the windows......jeans got a bit damp but not dirty......so thought nothing more, got in the car & off I went......20mins later got out to find the red seat dye had changed the colour of my jeans........lol....

Other than that the car is very well behaved....even in the snow......lol

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

The car obviously has better traction than you feet. 

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

The cars all year round ability never ceases to amaze me :-)

Why does it amaze you? Its a modern car. My friend was shocked my car sat in the drive and not in the garage. It's a car, they're tough things you know. If my 21 year old Clio Williams is ok outside in all weathers my Evora better be!

It's a car, they're tough things you know.

Thx to TopGear we now all know how true this is for a Lotus.