free hit
counters
Its Winter - who's whimped out and who hasn't? - Page 3 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Frimley111R

Its Winter - who's whimped out and who hasn't?

Why does it amaze you? Its a modern car. My friend was shocked my car sat in the drive and not in the garage. It's a car, they're tough things you know. If my 21 year old Clio Williams is ok outside in all weathers my Evora better be!

Agreed! ;-) I just didn't have any German standard expectations!! But tbh as you say, so far it's tough alright.

Cheers,

A

(Love the Clio Williams!)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

old... but still nice.

cv7n535piakoyyroq.jpg

Edited by anubis1
  • Like 2

Well today it is snowing lots and a bit of a blizzard.  So what do we do?  Go out in the Evoque and leave Evora at home?  

Nope! We take the missus's Evoque to the dealer for its first MOT, service and some last minute warranty work so it will be in for 2 days (no free courtesy car thanks LR) and carry on using the Evora in the snow with the winters on.   :thumbsup:  :driving: Have to say I'm happier as driver than she is as passenger though......

• Like 1

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

Sorry but mine is inside for the winter as I am away December, most of January and Febuary but the wifes little Elan M100 is a daily hack so going to see how it performs in the white stuff, should be fun.

Well I'm pleased to report Dexter loves his winter tyres. I took him for a play on the hill road and he didn't feel the need to become acquainted with the hedges or stone walls that run alongside. Thank heavens; I'd have hated to wind up with a psychopathic monster who hates the cold and snow.

post-17061-0-44319500-1421184858.jpg

TBH we haven't had much winter here so far this season. Only a few days below zero and no snow at all. But we have had a lot of rain. Really, a lot, I think I'm growing gills. 

Actually I may need FLOTUS soon  :huh:

• Like 1

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

+9 degrees Celcius last Sunday so the Evora got its first taste of 2015. Met one 458 and a couple of 911, Spring is coming to the south of Sweden :-)

+9 degrees Celcius last Sunday so the Evora got its first taste of 2015. Met one 458 and a couple of 911, Spring is coming to the south of Sweden :-)

Good grief, it's the middle of March. Your poor Evora, must be massively depressed being kept indoors for the amazing cold parts of the year! :( Get some winter tyres on it and get it outside.

What's winter?

• Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Given the amount of salt and gravel they pour on the roads in winter time it would need a respray every spring... And probably a new windscreen as well. I've lost count of the number of stones that has hit the windscreen of my daily driver. Would hate that to happen to any of my Lotuses.