free hit
counters
Pollen Filter & 4 Year Service - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Hi all,

Whilst fixing my blocked air con pipes last week, I was in the front bonnet compartment trying to locate the heater unit (it wasn't accessible from there). I noticed a black plastic flap in front of the windscreen fluid and brake fluid fillers. So I took this off by undoing the black plastic screw and looked inside. I found by accident the pollen filter so I took it out. I couldn't believe how black it was! I am convinced it the original one. So I've just gone through my service history which was all carried out by one Lotus main dealer and checked the receipts which I have. It hasn't been replaced. Last year when they did the 4 year service, on the receipt is itemised 4 year service. Whilst they have changed the gearbox oil, brake fluid, coolant etc, they didn't change the pollen filter.

My cabin gets quite misted up quickly so I have to put my air con on all the time. I've since ordered a pollen filter from Lotus, part number B132P0038F and will hopefully fit it this week when it arrives.

So check yours, it's only a 5 minute job and will help with your ventilation problems!

Regards,

David Walters

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

The service instructions state that the pollen filter should be exchanged every two years. Obviously, the dealer didn't need the extra cash.

Hi Thomas,

The same dealer did the two year service, so you are right about that one!

Regards,

David Walters

Hi Ryan,

Good point you have made there. I'll compare with the new one when I get it but the reverse of the old pollen filter is white and outside is dirty black looking. It will be interesting to see results. The service receipts would suggest that it's never been changed.

Regards,

David Walters

Ours looks more like this one on Ebay but I bought mine from Lotus.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Blue-Print-Cabin-Filter-for-Lotus-ADT32527-/380782981044?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3ALotus%7CModel%3AEvora&hash=item58a86f2fb4

Cant do any harm! I tend to service my car more often than the service schedule suggests with that logic.

Mine was replaced when I had the 4 year service done at ChrisNeils. Never had any misting problems before or after.

The fact that it's supposed to be replaced every two years and mine's never been replaced may have something to do with it.

Unless you live in a coal powered town from 1820 or the desert, in my experience pollen filters do last longer than that. Maybe it was inspected at service and found to be as good as new still?

Hi all,

My parts have arrived and I've just fitted the pollen filter. It takes a total of 5 minutes and only needs a posi screwdriver to undo a black plastic flap inside the front bonnet compartment.

I've taken a picture of the old one next to the new one. As you can see, this has been black for a long time. The last service was in May then July 2013 and not many miles have been covered since then.

So check yours as these are peanuts from Lotus!

IMG_2259_zps2a584628.jpg

Looks more like coal than pollen. Amazing. 

Proof that it filters something

Agreed, at least it's been working!

It just must have been overlooked as it's not the easiest place to find.

It just must have been overlooked as it's not the easiest place to find.

That sounds like you are being particularly generous towards the as yet unnamed Lotus Dealer..........  

Mine is in for the oil pipes recall, 4 year service and MOT late Jan so will see what happens then.

Hi Al,

If I had paid for these services myself then I might have been inclined to name them but I didn't, so no harm done. I think people forget just how small a community the Lotus circles are and we need as many dealers and independents as possible.

A pollen filter is very minor, if it was a more serious item missed then I can see the reason for naming a shaming.

As you for your car, what's the crack on the oil pipes then? I haven't heard this one before?

Regards,

David Walters

Hi David,

Wasn't intending for you to name and shame although I now see how that could be interpreted from the way written on hindsight.  It was more the thought in my head that the comment about it not being the easiest place to find shouldn't really be a Lotus main dealer issue!  I have this mental image of an apprentice wandering round with one in his hand looking for somewhere to put it and giving up.  A bit like when you take a washing machine apart and are always left with one screw in the tub.  ;)

The oil pipe recall is in a separate post somewhere here but only affects a small number of S cars from 2011.  Nothing for you to worry about.  They wrote to all owners directly I guess from VIN records on the V5's.

Al.

Had my 4 year service today by Back on Track. Jez said the filter was chocca but it was only 2 years old and the service was done by the factory. Sounds like perhaps they need to be changed far more frequently.

Would do no harm. Perhaps the location of the intake (wherever that is) means it is picking up general road/diesel smoke particulates. That would explain the colour. Anyone seen something similar with the engine air filter? Intake is higher and further back so perhaps takes in less dirt, but not something you want to get clogged.