free hit
counters
84 Turbo Esprit for Sale in South Africa. - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Roger 912

84 Turbo Esprit for Sale in South Africa.

On Gumtree in South Africa www.gumtree.co.za  there is a lovely looking 84 Turbo Esprit up for sale and going for very little money. In Pound terms it is around 9 000 but is is in incredible condition and only has 80 000 kms on the clock.post-5182-0-30324000-1416938261.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Can you send a link to the page. I cant find it

Here is is - clicky

Looks very nice - even though it isn't a cloth interior.

Copy of text received from seller. He also said cambelt and full service 2000 kms ago.

Roger

The car is all leather.
I had it redone about 2 1/2 years ago to the original specification and as close as possible original leather and carpets.
Dash, door panels and seats.
There are two items which requires attention. The plastic trim on either side of the speedo cluster is slightly broken, and the windscreen trim is not there.
Apart from this, all is there and working.
You are most welcome to call Joe dos Santos, who you should know, who has seen my car on numerous occasions.
I won the concourse for the best classic at the TLR concourse in 2013 and came second in 2014, due to me having an E-tag!!!

According to google, that's about $15,000.  With over 50K miles, we would consider the engine 75% of the way there from needing a full rebuild, and the circlip just about to break through and cost big bucks.  So that's about all the money that you could ever expect to get as a seller here in the US.  A decent price, but definitely not a bargain.

Edited by lotusespritse

Just a note that I heard from the seller and it is sold and the new owner is over the moon with her.

I have a 912 engine in my Elite and she has completed 115 000 miles and never had the head off. Good servicing and not thrashing the car is the answer for engine longevity. I expect the engine could do another 100 000 miles but with me in my 70s and only doing 4 000 miles a year it will be up to the next owner. I hope he will be as gentle as me with driving.

The only time I ever do over 6 000 r.p.m. is in 5th gear.

According to google, that's about $15,000.  With over 50K miles, we would consider the engine 75% of the way there from needing a full rebuild, and the circlip just about to break through and cost big bucks.  So that's about all the money that you could ever expect to get as a seller here in the US.  A decent price, but definitely not a bargain.

Circlip? What circlip would that be, then?