free hit
counters
V Belts...... AC compressor, alternator, Water pump - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Ginger pig

V Belts...... AC compressor, alternator, Water pump

All,

Could anyone help me with the below queries:

I cannot seem to find any related items on ebay etc. for the V belts for an SE Turbo.

I have an old packet from two of the belts I used previously which was 'Gates 6263mc AVX10 X 865LA'.

i have found a 'Gates 6263mc 10 x 865mm' on Ebay.

Is this the same belt?

What puzzels me is that when I type in the car model..... it comes up with 'not suitable for this car'.

Is the critical data the 6263mc?

I believe this belt can be used on the alternator and water pump (or at least that is what I have scribbled on the packet)?

Could someone tell me which belt is used for the AC and where to find one ebay etc?

Thanks

Mark

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

AC belt is Gates 6462MC. On my GT3 the others are 6263 (alt) and 6264; not certain, but I think these apply to your SE too. Hopefully someone can confirm.

Guys,

Thanks for the information.

I didnt want to go through the hassle and cost (although relatively cheap) of buying these.

If they were the incorrect ones; I would have only placed on my garage shelf where they would have remained for several years before eventually being thrown away!

Thanks again!

Mark

Guys,

Just a quick thought though........... the SE has a mechanical vac pump..........

I was told the S4 did not have this mechanism.

Would that change the belt configeration to 2 x 6263 and 1 x 6264?

Mark

Depending on model, it's either a vac pump or power steering pump there, so config remains the same.

Planning to change my V belts at the same time as my upcoming timing belt change.

Can anyone tell me if my 1990 N/A has one or two V belts? (No aircon)

Peering down the front of the engine (can't see much!) I can only see one belt but SJ list two - one for the alternator and one for the water pump. I don't want to order a belt I don't need but likewise don't want to find I'm missing one halfway through the job!

I notice earlier that there was a suggestion of this belt being sold on ebay. Frankly ebay is fine for non critical parts but you just dont know what you might be getting or how old the belts are. Always buy from someone like SJ Sportscars.

Hey Mike, another West Sussex resident!

Whereabouts are you? I'm in Emsworth...