free hit
counters
Vehicle: Lotus Esprit S1 (1977) - Members Cars - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
grayp77

Vehicle: Lotus Esprit S1 (1977)

Lotus Esprit S1 (1977) Date Added: 27 November 2014 - 05:39 PM Owner: grayp77 Short Description: 2 Litre 907 Lotus Twin Cam Lightened rods and cranks Forged Pistons Custom cams Electronic ignition System Ported with steel followers Custom Dry sump strengthened Clutch / Gearbox Lightweight flywheel Tilton twin plate clutch plate and cover Race fuel cell Dual Holley racing fuel pumps Competition fuel filters and taps All braided SS Fuel lines Willwood front calipers with vented discs SS Braided brake lines Tilton adjustable brake bias Lotus bits stainless big bore race exhaust Custom rose joint rear links Custom rose joint upper wish bones front Adjustable AVO racing dampers Large front mounted oil cooler All braided oil lines Full Roll cage from front to rear JPS livery :-) This Esprit has been a race car for many years, originally campaigned (in Silver) by Andy Reeves in HSCC Roadsports with several podiums and wins. Bought by John Dickson in 2009 it was recommissioned and raced with Heritage, SRGT (Class Wins), HSCC, Spa Summer Classic and Spa Barry Sidery Smith Race at 6 hours (class win). I bought it in 2013 and the car had some race success in the capable hands of Cheng Lim (Class win Cadwell Park). I have now semi retired the car from racing (due to cost) and just enjoy driving it. In my opinion it is a cool period race car, which very much appeals to my immature personality; its got all the great characteristics of a well engineered classic racer, it handles wonderfully, it makes a great noise, smells like it has been driven heroically (hot engine, not loose bowels!!) and feels like it delivers just the right amount of danger and uncertainty! View Vehicle

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.