free hit
counters
Face lifted Evora - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
diego

Face lifted Evora

Hi all.... 

I'm interested in this car like everyone else....

When will we see leaked shots pre Geneva ? I expect soon ? 

Lotus should be leaking something to build this thing up pre launch ... get some interest going from those non lotus customers via the rags ....

Not sure they have the clout to launch something new on the day and get 100pc attention from new customers. 

Thoughts? 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Do you think they have already finished the Styling?

Definitively, the car must meanwhile be in testing and certification and production tooling must be underway. There must be a few prototypes underway in Hethel.

It is supposed to be launched as the MY 2016, which generally means Q3/2015.

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

No pics were ever leaked of the Evora pre launch, it would be easier to keep the facelift a secret.

the only things i know:

400 HP, no more Recaro seats, easier entry due to different construction, front and end cosmetic, new inside... there was a dealer presentation, but just heard about.

Surprised about the seats: thought they were generally very popular! Perhaps it's not easy to customise them - I know some people have expressed annoyance at the lack of choice in that regard. I'll be interested to see what they've cooked up for the interior; they'll be up against the F-type S AWD and company of similar standing so they've really got to get it right. It needs to feel special before the engine's even started up. The power to weight ratio should make for some impressive performance with an increase from the current car's 240bhp/tonne going up to around 330bhp/tonne (400+ bhp and a 15% weight reduction). The Exige S V6 has around 320bhp/tonne by comparison!

Exactly and I'm told by someone who should know that no Roadster exactly the same as Bibs has been saying for ages and a consistent approach by Lotus.  Don't hold your breath there then.  My plan when ordering the LE some 12 months prior to launch was that was going to be my 2nd and upgrade one about 2012! Hey-Ho.  Plans are for breaking.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

the only things i know:

400 HP, no more Recaro seats, easier entry due to different construction, front and end cosmetic, new inside... there was a dealer presentation, but just heard about.

The Recaro seats are nive, but incredibly heavy. So, if Lotus want's to shave weight getting rid of them was a logical and necessary step.

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

I believe the seat replacements are made by Sparco and are much, much nicer than the current Recaros.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Ahhh, I didn't realise they were so heavy! Just had a look at the Sparco ones and they do look really good as well as coming in a variety of colours, trims ect. More aesthetically pleasing Evora with a good looking interior, improved access/egress, better seats and Exige S territory acceleration along with the already great ride and handling? Could be pretty epic!

15pc must be 150kgs ish.... thats a lot !

What about the cup version ? When can we expect lotus sport to get involved ? The clever thing they did was to release the exige v6s and cup at about the same time

..... should add .... theres some quick stuff in this sort of price range from other marques expected at geneva. Last thing lotus need is to update a car thats been about for a while inline to todays comp only for the benchmark to be moved on again at geneva by others

..... should add .... theres some quick stuff in this sort of price range from other marques expected at geneva. Last thing lotus need is to update a car thats been about for a while inline to todays comp only for the benchmark to be moved on again at geneva by others

No doubt Lotus will be on par with the rest. There won't be anything new from Porsche to expect and who else even counts? 

Its not a question of that last tenth which makes any difference. Much more important is how many of the same you see at the traffic light. And I can't even remember the last time anyone passed me on the Autobahn. 

Cayman gt4 ? If its not firmed up by geneva it wont be soon after.

Makes sense to me to offer the cup asap if theres no hp advantage.

Also 4c cloverleaf with all 'issues' sorted rumour, already seen testing with cosmeric changes.

trick is to get press to sell the car. Between now and geneva theres a vacuum. Not sure how long that will last after geneva?

timing is quite a lot ....

Getting the press to sell the car means only one thing getting the car right straight of the bat, there's no two way about it. I trust JMG, the guy is not pure marketing but the launch of the DS brand, a few years back, showed what he could do. He's going to do things properly and sensibly, we should just not expect things to pick up before mid january.    

Lotus has invested a lot into optimizing its VVA architecture with lower and thinner sills and realistically a completely reworked rear subframe to reach the 15% weight loss. Possible switch to aluminium there too??? The 15% power increase would be due to a switch to a direct injection engine, if true it will mean that the engine itself will be a tad heavier.   

New front facia (nose, headlamps and hood) and possibly new rear facia (lights and bumper), rationalized cockpit with better ergonomics and fittings. Dropping nearly 150kg is quite a lot so I'm wondering how spartan the new interior will be as the car is definitely more a GT than Exige.  

The biggest splash would be to introduce the entire Evora mark II range with NA, S and R models all at once along with a preview of the Evora cabrio  which still may happen but the news of Spyker going into administration is not good news in this regard as the cars were probably due to share most of the roof cinematics, Here's hoping that Spyker and Lotus have gone into the thing far enough for Lotus to be able to make a go of it.

Cayman GT4 / 911 GTS and Evora R400 are set to go head to head but the 4C cloverleaf will have to do battle with Exige V6 Cup.

Edited by NedaSay

interesting post thanks.....confirms a lot of what i have been told. 

however, is switching to GR-FSE  direct injection just your opinion? i would have thought they would have just gone down the cheapo route with a smaller pulley on the SC? i could never really understand why lotus didn't do DI option from the off.

gt4 will be a problem here and lotus should be trying to get 100pc attn of the press before that darling of the press turns up. 991gts is an old story and to be honest i don't expect the evora to be quicker but certainly better dynamically (that's just my opinion). 

no Cup car for a good while after S2 release , that's the theory :( 

The GR-FSE seems unlikely as Toyota hasn't put that engine in any transverse mount to date. It would be highly unlikely that the Lotus Evora woulg be the first Toyota powered car to do it in. Most likely are two options that have been discussed elsewhere: a larger compressor and/or a charge cooler.