free hit
counters
Rear spoiler brake light on esprit - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Azamkhan007

Rear spoiler brake light on esprit

I have a 1998 esprit v8 which has a centre brakes light fitted in the rear spoiler from the factory. I believe it is a BMW part and made in Germany. Anyway, my brake lights work but the centre one recently stopped working. I took the unit off , tested it and it works just fine. The connector near the rear window (on the driver side) is fine too. Can anyone give me any tips please? Thanks

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Check the connectors top and bottom of the gas strut. The drivers side strut (UK car so right as you look from the back) is used to pass power to the spoiler brake light. There is a spade connector top and bottom. The bottom one can get dislodged.

The connector near the rear window is for the heated rear window I believe.

Thanks for your reply, all the connections seem fine. The bottom spade connector comes off and on easily but the top connection (If I am looking at the correct thing) doesn't seem to be a spade connector. 

As Dave said, the power is fed through the gas strut. The ground is commoned with the rear screen heater element ground.

Thanks. The heated rear window works just fine, so it must be a live connection broken somewhere. I will have another inspection over the weekend, weather permitting. Thanks again. 

Sorry I was looking at the wrong wiring diagram so I've given you duff information. The feed (grn/pur) is spliced between the rear harness connector (RHC) and the rear lights harness connector (RLHC). The ground (blk) is spliced into the rear ground loom.