free hit
counters
Lotus C-01 Superbike. Manufacturing begins. - Bike Banter - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Advantage

Lotus C-01 Superbike. Manufacturing begins.

MCN have been behind the scenes where the first batch of the 100 planned 175bhp C-01 bikes have already been built.

MCN Clicky.

1.jpg?mode=max&quality=90&scale=down

3.jpg?mode=max&quality=90&scale=down

8.jpg?mode=max&quality=90&scale=down

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I must admit I really like it. Never get to ride one, but like it.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

This article from 2/14 set the price at €100,000 ($137,450)

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2014-02-24/lotus-motorcycles-c-01-brings-tron-to-the-real-world

Kyle Kaulback

Or the new Norton, saw that at the bike show last week and thought it looked nice.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

I think it's very cool. I don't get the point of bikes to pose on whatsoever but if I did I don't think you could do much better.

Not a fan of V-twins personally which is what would put me off and there are loads of other things I'd buy before this with a spare £60k. But in a lottery win scenario I would most likely have one to keep alongside my Kawasaki H2R.

Pah, V twins are the way forward :-) we'll get out for a ride sometime.

Trevor.

not a fan of any twin.a four or six for me

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Twins are OK but a ZX10 at 14,000 rpm is like necking a pint of pure adrenalin - proper nosebleed stuff!

I took one out for a test ride not long ago. Big mistake. For a moment I thought I was in the TT.

Not much torque low down for a 'thou but above 8k it's hang on for dear life. Manic, mental, intense, revving itself to death. Just how I like it!

Looks pretty cool, but not $137,000 of cool

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

Im on a Lotus forum and should be surrounded by those with a taste for the finer things that reach in to your senses with a passion but instead amongst soulless people that want their senses smashed to death when it comes to bikes :-) for a moment thought I'd took a wrong turn into the Nissan GTR club. You surprise and disappoint in equal measure :-)

Trevor.

• Like 1

I agree Trev. This sort of purchase is made simply because the thing exists. Any other purpose is superfluous and an addition to its presence in the world.

Looks like Koenigsegg are up to the same now too! 

http://hypercars.fr/2014/12/04/koenigsegg-motorcycle-concept/

Koenigsegg-Motorcycle-front.jpg

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I think the Lotus looks nicer. Anybody else think the tyres on the Lotus look to be fitted the wrong way?

Trevor.

Now you've said that... yes, but the production bike has quite different tyres in the picture at the top of thread but they look a bit odd too.

That Konigsegg is freakishly similar. Look like someone has decided the billionaires could use a few two wheelers in their garages.

Pure posers bikes of course but I guess so were the choppers in Easy Rider and I spent most of my younger days wanting one of them!

Thats what has stopped me ordering, can't decide whether to have black or green.

Trevor.