free hit
counters
V6 Cup (R) - Page 2 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

V6 Cup (R)

Wow, I was not expecting this. I daydream about this car and its TTX dampers and aero kit on a daily basis, even with my Cup in the garage (you may recall I was looking to do the full kit with the car in-build but the cost was too much at the time).

Agreed with Imran, thats's a bargain for someone. Shame Mike is selling but we don't know circumstances so...I'm sure he's not made the decision lightly. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

There seem to be a few sub 2000 mile cars for sale at the moment. I know the Exige isn't for everyone and is too extreme for many but seems odd to go to the trouble and expense of buying new just to bail out after a few months and not much use.

Some real bargains being picked up out there at the moment. I know the 50:50 thing is hammering used values but still, what a great time to buy a used V6. The second owners are looking in good shape to me. With 4 cyl Exige prices so strong it has to provide a pretty solid floor for used V6 prices.

Sorry to see the honeymoon coming to an end so soon for many though. I'm too scared to even ask what my car's worth! The answer is: already a lot more to me than anyone else is prepared to pay. So I look forward to another year of creating some memories and videos to show for it all.

• Like 2

Reason for sale only that it was not being used. It's going to to a dealer on sale or return shortly. Sounds like he'll be more than happy if it doesn't sell though!

I don't really think it matters what they are worth, all 4 of us have got cars we appreciate and as we want them (although I am sure Imran will find some more shiny bits soon). I do wonder what's going to happen with the new Cup (which really must be soon now). But however good that is it won't change the fact the current V6 in whatever guise is epic. 

16k miles and counting - mine must be worth peanuts now. Likely will have another 10 on there by end of summer - can't wait!

Edit: Hope this does not make it worse Imran but he is including all the original parts so it can be reverted to a "regular" Cup if the new owner desires. 

• Like 2

Lotus Register - https://www.lotusregister.com

It's quite a big job to 'reverse' the R parts and who would want to anyway? If I didn't already have a Cup I'd snap that up straight away! There are people out there paying more for Integrales!

It has the best part of £10k worth of CupR upgrades there when you add in the aero parts and the Ohlins TTX dampers. You might only really notice the difference at very high speed corners like Eau Rouge and Blanchimont but that's exactly where I'd like to feel some extra grip. More speed through those two turns alone would be worth whole chunks of laptime. I have been toying with the idea of going full aero with my Cup but I can see now that it doesn't add anything to the resale value. Plus it's real downforce so I imagine the Ohlins are a necessary upgrade for anyone who wants to do it properly.

Surely the dealer should be trying it at £57k? £55k at the very least? Seems about right to me, brand new Sport 350 versus a virtually unused ultimate spec V6 Cup? £52k seems very low.

I think perhaps I'm forgetting the number of £50k cars I've had that halved in value in two years. Most of them lost over £20k. So in percentage terms that's a fair bit worse. I guess Lotus residuals have been so strong until more recently that normal new car depreciation comes across as a bit of a shock!

List was low 70s - less than I expected. I tend to agree, I think higher 50s. It will go up when it goes to the dealer in expect. 

Although the numbers sound big - our Porsche lost a lot more in 18 months and was identical list as the LF1. 

This is a great buy for the right person - need to get in soon though. 

Lotus Register - https://www.lotusregister.com

Advertised on Scottishelises at the same price but offering an extra discount if your scottish... 

It's a tuff ask selling a 50k+ car privately! Not many people have that sort of dollar to drop and most require finance/warranty a dealer offers. 

I personally wouldnt take less than 55k for that car even back through a dealer.  

7 hours ago, TheKevlarKid said:

Advertised on Scottishelises at the same price but offering an extra discount if your scottish... 

It's a tuff ask selling a 50k+ car privately! Not many people have that sort of dollar to drop and most require finance/warranty a dealer offers. 

I personally wouldnt take less than 55k for that car even back through a dealer.  

Agreed. Wouldn't it be better to have a dealer put it up at 55k on a sale or return basis?

It's a tough call. Sale or return isn't free, there is a hefty fee attached if you park it at a dealer. This in turn pushes the price up to cover the cost to gain the same return. Granted, however, it does give you access to dealer finance and service etc but I figured it was worth advertising the car myself initially to gauge interest as not everybody needs access to finance. 

And there has been a lot of interest given it's only been up a few days. 

4 hours ago, Mikie711 said:

Just off the phone, looks awfully like the car is sold subject to viewing.

So I've just heard .... from a mate of mine down here in the south!

clearly a ride in my normal V6 was enough for him to want to upgrade! 

Edited by RS4