free hit
counters
V6 Cup (R) - Page 4 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Looking sharp! I was looking at installing the MXS as well on my Sport 350 as I'll be tracking it fairly regularly. How difficult was the install and where did you run the wires through? 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

2018 I had a real desire for new manifolds to remove the built in cats and reduce heat in the engine bay. The TVS1900 makes great torque, but does not make me want to rev the engine out to 7200 r

With it's stable mate

@The Pits It does feel pretty fast I'm pleased to say, but it still feels like a Lotus, the big difference is the final race to the redline - I collected and went on the Autobahn and local roads for t

Posted Images

Thanks Jack! That certainly helps. I thought you'd have to run wires to the back where the battery might be! (Obviously I'm not very adept at the electronics side of things).

The MXS dash should prove to be such a nice add on for the cars, especially when you're tracking them regularly. The connection to the camera is an awesome bonus as well as I wouldn't want to bother with the post production editing :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gary

I have a new AIM MXG here that will be going into the new car when it arrives!!!!

Had it working in the S2 for one trackday, I am now converted!!!! Not sure at the moment what it will display from the ECU in terms of the tour sport race etc but the AIM dash certainly picks that info up from the can stream. Will let you know in about 14 weeks or so:):)

Dave

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• 1 month later...

:thumbup:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Wow ... great you took that step ... cant wait to learn about the result ... 

Are you changing engine internals as well? Dont forget the gearbox oil cooler ... thats the one thing I should have done right away ... north of 400 hp and 450 NM you need that imho ...

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, NW76 said:

Wow ... great you took that step ... cant wait to learn about the result ... 

Are you changing engine internals as well? Dont forget the gearbox oil cooler ... thats the one thing I should have done right away ... north of 400 hp and 450 NM you need that imho ...

I am not changing any engine internals, they are not required for this upgrade. But I have had a gearbox cooler added, I thought that was a sensible approach.

• Like 2

Inspired!

What a monster you will have for the 2017 season! You're into uncharted territory but laptimes should be set to tumble. Who's doing the ecu mapping?

Very exciting for us but I don't think your mate with the 911 is going to be best pleased! ;)

• Like 1

SSC also have headers & sports cat going into production. These should be 'box ready' to go in around 8-10 weeks. They will have a tune matched to these that will add more to the TVS1900 kit!

I'm going to install the standard kit and keep the headers as a future option.

Are you doing the install yourself Gary? What gearbox cooler have you fitted?

I would have thought a bespoke map would be worthwhile. From experience with bikes, the downloaded maps are rarely up to the job. Experience with Mitsubishis says the way to do it properly is with a new ecu. Not cheap of course, but the sky's the limit once you have it installed.

Worth trying the SSC map at first of course. Great plan, very tempted to follow suit but want the full CupR aero kit first. Trouble is, every time I look at the car I just think it's too nice to take a power saw to!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, toshers said:

SSC also have headers & sports cat going into production. These should be 'box ready' to go in around 8-10 weeks. They will have a tune matched to these that will add more to the TVS1900 kit!

I'm going to install the standard kit and keep the headers as a future option.

Are you doing the install yourself Gary? What gearbox cooler have you fitted?

Yes I hear headers are coming from SSC, with the TVS1900 and map will give 450bhp.

Hofmans - the UK distributor of the kit have done the install for me.

Gearbox cooler is something Hofmans have come up with, it is a laminova that uses the cooling from the standard rad.