free hit
counters
V6 Cup (R) - Page 7 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I'm always impressed to see the stated power figure consistently nailed on the head for the KT customers  (be it on their dyno or otherwise). It should be a given, especially with your particular job being a custom map, but nonetheless I'm sure there are many a tuning product (not necessarily speaking Lotus here) that don't deliver.

As you say there should be plenty of headroom for the future when (not if) you want it. What were your initial impressions of the Quaife?

Dynos are dynos, I'm not that keen on them after struggling to get figures from my car last year. But a dyno is needed to custom map. The plan is to leave it where it is for the season then decide what to do late this year.

Quaife - bit early to say, I was pretty careful at the Ring as I was not on my sticky tyres and generally just trying to respect the place, and using race mode.

• Like 1

That’s a mighty impressive dyno. I’m amazed at how early you are getting the torque and how linear the power delivery is right up until 7k rpm.

Do you know if it’s rear wheel power or calculated engine power?

@Arun_D I suspect there is headroom in terms of power generation, but not in terms of gearbox or engine internals.

3 minutes ago, BfranklynV6 said:

@Arun_D I suspect there is headroom in terms of power generation, but not in terms of gearbox or engine internals.

Correct.

@550superfast makes sense, let us know how you get on.

6 minutes ago, BfranklynV6 said:

That’s a mighty impressive dyno. I’m amazed at how early you are getting the torque and how linear the power delivery is right up until 7k rpm.

Do you know if it’s rear wheel power or calculated engine power?

Green is measured wheel power, red is calculated (green + pink).

Looks pretty good, @550superfast

Dave

Interesting figures, for those interested in a normal 460 package, mine had less torque at 477nm, but I had 0.4ps more power 😆

0D6E9EDE-D010-4F2A-8BD8-A2F26B8352DB.jpeg

• Like 2

(4.50)

Maybe you know that youtuber working for Apex, but he spotted our car on the nurb car park :) 

(4.50, well it is quick, but still :)

• Haha 1

Looked like a 2:25 on the cleaner lap, good going!

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

am i right in thinking your running a TVS kitted car ?, if so it shows how bastard quick the mclarens are not really a fair comparison at silverstone get on a twisty track and see the difference ........

6 hours ago, 550superfast said:

Yes. Tvs1900 and komotec charge cooler. 

The 720s is packing 250 more horses than my car. 

Even larger delta I expect as several 720’s have been dyno’d at 800bhp as stock !

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

Lovely, Gary. We are blessed with some great roads and scenery in Sussex. I'm pondering a little thread revival too on mine, got to remind the folks that us Cup (R) owners are still alive and kicking.

Very fast time, nicely done. Much enjoyed my passenger laps in it last year, is the car even faster since then?

On 13/10/2019 at 21:30, The Pits said:

Very fast time, nicely done. Much enjoyed my passenger laps in it last year, is the car even faster since then?

No further mods. Essentially the same as when you came out at Silverstone.

• Like 1

Well driven, very impressive. Also, there was a white 350 you were chasing which was rapid. That thing can’t be stock surely? 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, BfranklynV6 said:

Well driven, very impressive. Also, there was a white 350 you were chasing which was rapid. That thing can’t be stock surely? 

Haha 😆 Just a little old V6S with an alias23 intake and a big wing 😆

• Like 1

www.alias23.com

10 hours ago, alias23 said:

Haha 😆 Just a little old V6S with an alias23 intake and a big wing 😆

You forgot about the Alias23/GFW wing mirrors. Massive reduction in drag and improved aero.

• Haha 1